***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Sure thing Repta, it'll be first come first serve, I'll probably mass invite everyone who has expressed they might be interested, both on here and on Steam. If you are interested, but don't have me on your friends list, it is up to YOU to add me before 9pm tonight.

The server has been checked and is working fine with Sourcemod as well. It'll be fine for VS.

So I'm trying to run 2 clients of L4D2 on one PC, create a LAN server, and connect the 2nd client to the server.

All of this works fine, the only issue is that the client which is in the background is capped to 20fps, and I can't find any console commands or anything which can change the background fps limit.

Might be too late answering this, but it's the command rate that you need to change at the server side. Note that the tick rate of L4D2 servers is locked at 30.

The following commands should be of some help:

// bandwidth rates/settings
sv_minrate 5000
sv_maxrate 25000
sv_mincmdrate 10
sv_maxcmdrate 33

//Client Defaults
cl_updaterate "20"
cl_cmdrate "30"

Only 2 months late... :p

It has been almost 2 years since our last game (well closer to 18 months). Any of the old crowd (or maybe some newer owners of the game) up for a blast from the past this Friday/Saturday evening?

I no longer own a server, but it is easy enough to host/join a valve one. My internet should be upgraded to Infinity today...

If only four want to play, can always do coop... :)

Back
Top Bottom