**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
And those projectors are also only 1080p, so the resolution will be quite low/fuzzy. Especially after all the processing/warping that has to be done. And terrible contrast/blacks. And only 60 Hz. Huge downsides.

Soldato
If you're buying outright it's a lot extra for 5 or 10 extra planes and airports.
Is it? Given the cost of most add on aircraft for sims like DCS World and IL2 Great Battles it seems pretty reasonable to me, no idea how it compares to other civilian sims though.

Soldato
Is it? Given the cost of most add on aircraft for sims like DCS World and IL2 Great Battles it seems pretty reasonable to me, no idea how it compares to other civilian sims though.

To be honest, I don't play other sims so you may be right that it's not much for the market. Hopefully they'll release some other planes in future. Would like some military jets but not sure they'll go for that.

Soldato
I think the standard edition would do for the vast majority... it's got a lot of cool and varied aircraft, plenty of detailed airports and it's worth pointing out that even the generic airports/airfields in this game are mostly much better than you might expect.

Unless you really have a hankering for a particular aircraft or airport that isn't included in the base edition I think most people will be happy with it. Awesome that you can get the full base edition on gamepass too, good way of doing it.

There will also apparently be third party content down the line which is worth considering when deciding if one particular field or aircraft is worth the higher edition.

Personally, even though I've been very privileged to test it out over the last couple of months I'm still not going to mash the buy button until we get the VR support rolled out - I've been burned on future promises before!

You're right, in comparison to the competition/sim market in general it's actually very reasonable indeed... I think the problem is that so blinking much is included in the base game that it manages to make the few extra airports and aircraft look like very poor value-add.

Soldato
Would like some military jets but not sure they'll go for that.

The impression I get from reading some forums etc is that they probably aren't going to touch that... Will undoubtedly be some third party addons though at some point, this sim is going to be extremely popular. Will be interesting to see if addons can go beyond just extra aircraft/airports and actually add functionality like air combat. I think there's probably a market for reasonably accurate air combat with a more approachable game for average Bob than DCS or IL2.

Associate
@Dano, thanks for posting what is included. In my case it wasn't that work was blocking me from viewing it but just MS being their usual useless selves at posting detail about their software! The pages I was looking at showed what tier 2 and tier 3 added but didn't actually tell you what the base version gives you, whoever designs their websites/product comms needs a talking to! :rolleyes:

I also noticed down at the bottom of the pre-order pages that "approximate size" is listed as 20.24MB! That'll save me some cash on new storage then :D

Joking aside though, really looking forward to this. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Back
Top Bottom