**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Well I just went to play MSFS2020 and when i click the icon it takes me to a web site telling me that Microsoft gaming services has been installed and nothing loads.
Anyone else seen this or has my install somehow been screwed.

If it is screwed anyone aware of a repair option?
If it is reinstall then that will wait until the patch release.

Well I just went to play MSFS2020 and when i click the icon it takes me to a web site telling me that Microsoft gaming services has been installed and nothing loads.

Have you opened the Xbox app yet? You should see the "game" there on the left.

Soldato
l86F5sn.png

Dubrovnik to Brac island. Ultrawide is pretty spectacular. Running on two 32" 4K monitors. Thought the bezel might be annoying but it's not a problem as you're not looking dead ahead most of the time. 1080 @ 70% scaling, mixture of settings, getting about 21fps.

Associate
Game would not start at all from the start menu or from within the Xbox app both resulted in the website telling me Gaming services was installed.

Found a fix though in the install / remove programs screen click on MSFS 2020 and you see the move or uninstall option. In smaller text there is also "more" and under that you find a repair option.
Clicked that and within 15 seconds game started up!

Soldato
Soldato

Mine did the same a few times when first installed. A restart fixed it and it hasn’t done it again. There are plenty of odd bugs with this.

Associate
I'm looking forwards to a new gpu to see if I can crank up the eye candy a bit. Anyone else upgrading with this partially in mind?

Unfortunately not

I just can’t justify it as I’d basically have to start again from scratch considering I have what ‘was’ an awesome small form factor pc (which fits perfectly in our lounge TV unit) which has an i7-5930k, 32GB RAM, 2 x Titan Xp (one with cooler which was incredibly difficult to fit). All in it probably cost me around £4k back in 2017.

It’s quite frightening how much more powerful the 3000 series cards are to the Titan Xp now. I believe I’m still ok for another year or too which could be stretched out if SLI was still a thing.

I briefly considered selling my rig and switch to the new Xbox but I do occasionally like to play some VR titles so sticking with PC is probably still the best for now

Soldato
Unfortunately not

I just can’t justify it as I’d basically have to start again from scratch considering I have what ‘was’ an awesome small form factor pc (which fits perfectly in our lounge TV unit) which has an i7-5930k, 32GB RAM, 2 x Titan Xp (one with cooler which was incredibly difficult to fit). All in it probably cost me around £4k back in 2017.

It’s quite frightening how much more powerful the 3000 series cards are to the Titan Xp now. I believe I’m still ok for another year or too which could be stretched out if SLI was still a thing.

I briefly considered selling my rig and switch to the new Xbox but I do occasionally like to play some VR titles so sticking with PC is probably still the best for now
No reason you couldn't just replace the gpu's. Might need a new case, granted, but not as bad as starting from scratch

Associate
I'm looking forwards to a new gpu to see if I can crank up the eye candy a bit. Anyone else upgrading with this partially in mind?
I'm trying to work out what to do. I have an old i5-3570k CPU, and new'ish GTX 1660 SUPER. So have in mind that a new build is required, as Mobo can not really take a good CPU.

Might get the game on gemepass (so no big cost layout) and see what low/med settings with some tweaks look likes. Have watched a few players on You tube on better CPU's and GTX 1660 (not super) who have run the game with quite high settings and getting about 25 fps. Which for me would be fine. But really like the thought of flying around NYC in its glory - so might see that the new Nvidea GPU's do to current card prices. The truth is I really need to build again.

Back
Top Bottom