*** Official NFS Shift 2 Unleashed Thread ***

Soldato
I'm gonna try it again this afternoon..it's kinda like walking round a city, taking a shortcut down an alleyway where you get beaten viciously and have your wallet stolen, and you try to convince yourself the alleyway is now safe.... :(

Soldato
Ive played a bit now and dont think its that bad tbh, once i changed view to normal cockpit mode and not helmet cam it was much better.

Helmet cam makes feel slippery, and you over compensate your steering.

Soldato
Helmet cam makes you feel very uneasy, it's well done but too ha to translate at tines, normal cockpit mode feels much better, and Inwill give it some more time :)

Soldato
For me the game is nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.
Takes a while to adjust to the games handling but their are some very enjoyable races and cars. Ive just been playing with a pad and coming from playing GT5 with a T500 yes it takes some adapting. Not tried with any of the wheels yet but have found the game to be quite thrilling at times for a racer.

One thing the game can do much better than GT5 or FM3 is create more exciting cockpit immersion. The free look is excellent but I've found the audio in being fortunate with a seat using multiple Buttkickers/Clarke Synthesis Tactile units (produces surround/directional tactile) gives great tactile feedback from engines, changing gears, rumble strips, backfires and even going off track. All these things can be felt to good effect through the seat and it really enchances the experience/excitment. Great For Games & Buttkicker Gamer Alternatives

While it doesn't work so well regards the tactile effects from other cars on track like GT5 does but concentrating on the players car audio seems to be the best of the bunch in adding to the thrill of immersion.

Graphics of tracks and cockpits look pretty darn good and none of the crap shadows like GT5 has but more detail than FM3 cockpits.
Its different sure but well worth sticking with.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its probably not that bad, I just need to give it more time, only thing I dislike about cockpit view is no rev counter display, no HUD rev counter and the cockpit one is position so it is covered up on the cars I have driven so far.

Soldato
The more i play this i think it will be trade before too long :p not too keen on the handling even with the setting people have suggested so will play through it some more then trade while its still worth some money .

Soldato
Its probably not that bad, I just need to give it more time, only thing I dislike about cockpit view is no rev counter display, no HUD rev counter and the cockpit one is position so it is covered up on the cars I have driven so far.

I think if you press up on the D pad you can select rev counter and speedo.

The only criticism i have regards to the handling is it feels a bit jerky, almost digital like.

Associate
Really disappointed in this its very poor. Poor Graphics, poor sound and poor physics. Only good thing about it is the aggressive AI and the actually feel of racing if GT5 incoporated that style then GT5 would be untouchable.

Associate
This game is one of the biggest piles of crap I have ever played. Shift took some warming up to, because whilst it was marketed as a sim, the car physics were all over the place. In Shift 2, they've made almost everything 100 times worse.

Despite turning all the assists off, the car still auto corrects to the racing line forcing the car to fish tail every few seconds. Cars have no weight feeling, doesn't matter if you're driving an RX7 or a Bugatti Veyron they all feel the same (the only difference is, is the steering going to be hyper sensitive or like racing an articulated lorry). Virtually all the cars behave like they're driving on ice, any slight knock or weight shift causes the car to behave like you've just pulled the handbrake.

The AI is disgusting, other games have been slated for the AI's inability to react to objects in their path. In Shift 2 the AI goes out of their way to take you out. They will be on the other side of the track on a straight, off the racing line, and turn as hard as possible to shove you into the wall. And that brings me on to the dynamics. As soon as you are knocked, even at 20mph, your vision blurs to the point you can't see the racing line right in front of you. Then you have to contend with monochrome display for 10 seconds making it bloody hard to judge braking points causing you to hit the wall and repeat the whole process again.

Honestly they should have called this game "Shift 2: Destruction Derby", it fails as a racing game in so many ways.

Soldato
Got this yesterday as i quite enjoyed the first shift which wasnt perfect for sure.
On initial thought i was like omg wth is this! the gtr felt like nothing ive ever driven in games before(love most racing games,gt5 nfshp and rfactor etc) it felt like the cars bushes/suspension were made from jelly, but after playing around with some of steering options and moving from nose cam to just the speedo and rev counter views ala gt5 stylie i started to enjoy it a bit more.
The ai is a bit rough in races and seem to have been coded with a deathrace mentality lol as senture related to a few post previous to this.
Although i think the graying of the screen is more preferable to the damn annoying time penalty system on gt5 and the collision effects are a tad over done.
I will play some more today anyway but to the guys sat on the bench id proberbly wait till it hits the £20 mark.

Soldato
I am struggling with this, have the elite mode on and the AI on hard with TC on low.

The cars just dont grip at all! If I try to slow down a bit more than usual the AI just shoot past...

I have tried everything but it just seems there is no prediction in what the car will do, sometimes it will randomly spin out, others it wont.

Not liking the feel of the cars but will give it more time.

I am playing in helmet cam btw.

ags

Associate
Thinking of getting this, although I was a bit disappointed after awhile of playing the first Shift game.

Although ofrom the thjoughts here, I might save myself the money for better games.

Associate
i dont understand why they felt the need to put drift events in this game it just seems pointless they where horrible. there aint much i liked about this, the cars just didn't feel right the ai will just take you out to a point where i was racing to the first corner because i knew i would get taken out if i am not at the front it as a previous post said its destruction derby raither then a serious racing game

i traded this back in for credit at game today and re bought forza 3 for £6.99

Back
Top Bottom