*** Official NFS Shift 2 Unleashed Thread ***

Soldato
i dont understand why they felt the need to put drift events in this game it just seems pointless they where horrible. there aint much i liked about this, the cars just didn't feel right the ai will just take you out to a point where i was racing to the first corner because i knew i would get taken out if i am not at the front it as a previous post said its destruction derby raither then a serious racing game

i traded this back in for credit at game today and re bought forza 3 for £6.99

I am crap at the drift events and it probably isnt helped by the not so great handling .

Soldato
Seems i was over generous with my initial thoughts,its just getting on my nerves now im on level 12 once you get to faster cars the game shows its true faults and annoyances :( mainly the controls on a pad no matter what i try with its settings and the variable handling from corner to corner never known a game like it :confused:
very few games make me want to throw the controller out of the window but this is one of them avoid! :mad:

Associate
I absolutley loved shift 1. This however is utter trollop! Played for about an hour on my ps3 with low tc and abs with everything else turned off.

I swear I almost rage quit half way through every race, crashing seems un-predictable as hell and the handling is utter naff.

Anyone know how much you get if you trade it back in? Or is it worth holding off and swapping it in against dirt 3?

Alex

Soldato
Been playing this on my mates G27, what is up with the physics?? The cars felt like they steered from the back wheels in Shift 1 but in this one the cars feel so wooden it's just so dull, even trying to mess with the wheel settings as much as possible I can't really make the cars feel fun to drive which is a shame as the customisation parts are good and with a impressive track list to boot I thought this might be a decent step forward from the first one.

People go on about why there must be drift events. Well simply because the sport getting more and more recognition in the mainstream hence why it is covered. As far as I'm aware you don't have to do them in the career if you don't want to, so I don't see the problem there. However what is incredibly annoying for drift fans like myself is the completely different phsyics model they use in the drift mode! It really is quite annoying and to be honest just reeks of laziness from the developers who couldn't be arsed to build a decent model.

Soldato
How is this guys? I had it on rental, but from what I've been reading it seems I shouldn't have! Glad I didn't pay RRP for it though. To be honest I might not even play it and send it straight back.

Back
Top Bottom