*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
Think it's a bit of an in joke now every time Nintendo release a patch, something to do with 3DS patches for 'stability' when it was actually to kill pirate/homebrew stuff. :D

Man of Honour
Think it's a bit of an in joke now every time Nintendo release a patch, something to do with 3DS patches for 'stability' when it was actually to kill pirate/homebrew stuff. :D

Indeed. Every update for near enough the last 2 years have just been for "stability" updates :p

Soldato
hi guys, long time since i've been in here but I played Wii Sports Club for the first time at the weekend and wish I'd have played it sooner!!! it's everything Wii sports was missing (online multiplayer) I wish I'd have got my mates to get on it sooner before we all got Switches etc. What a great game and I see it's still keeping it's price on the auctions. Anyone else like it?

Soldato
Mega thread bump. :D
I bought a third party controller a long time ago on Amazon for about a tenner (can't remember if it's called pro controller for Wii U).
Definitely recommend picking one up. Saves having to use the giant gamepad.

Associate
Still have mine setup under the telly. Im currently replaying Breath of the Wild, ive spent 100s hours on the Switch version and just thought i,d restart from scratch it on WiiU. Also ive decided to crack open my sealed version of Devils third recently which was actually a pretty fun game.

Soldato
Year really dig this thread up :D

Had a big issue getting my old account set up as they tie to the Wii U themselves so having sold my old console I couldn't deactivate it. That and the old NNID site is no longer in use, they shut it down a year or so ago due to a security concern.

Today had some emails back and forth with Nintendo support and they sorted it for me, too the old Wii U off so I could sign in on this one and also carried over my previous purchased games

Associate
I set my Wii U up the other week funnily enough. When I got it back in the day the only use it got was about 2 hours of Zombi-U and a playthrough of Pikmin 3. I Definitely want to give it more love soon when I find the time. I honestly think it's a great little machine.

Soldato
Love my Wii U, had it since launch. Recently unboxed it to play some old games with my little girl, and noticed that it has some notorious hard drive error caused by smash bro’s that I never knew existed until now. Nintendo won’t fix it because they stopped supporting them, and the error is caused by there own software. I can’t install certain games and some games already installled cause the error to appear.

Soldato
Still have mine setup under the telly. Im currently replaying Breath of the Wild, ive spent 100s hours on the Switch version and just thought i,d restart from scratch it on WiiU. Also ive decided to crack open my sealed version of Devils third recently which was actually a pretty fun game.

Gotta ask - why would you bother with the Wii U version if you have the Switch version?

Soldato
Love my Wii U. Its still connected up. I recently played through Zelda Wind Waker and a couple of ther games.

Need to build up my collection while games are still pretty cheap.

Associate
The Wii U is a fantastic console. Nintendo really botched up the marketing of the system which is why it is generally considered a flop.
It's actually quite surprising how many people who have both a switch and a Wii U actually prefer the Wii U.

Back
Top Bottom