*** Official Nioh (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Loving this game. It's very addictive and a great challenge.... Even though you get better and better as you go along one stupid mistake can kill you. Especially on bosses. You really have to focus which is great. My only downsides are I wish there was more enemy variety and I wish one of you didn't have to finish the mission solo first if you want to coop with a friend. That's annoying because it would have been so good being able to do mission after mission with a friend. Why not just up the difficulty if you coop and allow that instead of forcing one of you to solo the mission first.

Soldato
No idea why they're comparing this to Dark Souls, apart from a few stolen ideas. Basically Ninja Gaiden with more depth. Not a Ninja Gaiden fan, but hoped this would be a genuine Dark Souls rival from a different developer, it isn't, far from it. Lords of the Fallen has more in common with Dark Souls then this. Deciding to start Bloodbourne, Dark Souls 2, or Dark Souls 3 now. Shame, and 9.7 from IGN with references to Dark Souls thrown in has reminded me how **** they really are.

Soldato
No idea why they're comparing this to Dark Souls, apart from a few stolen ideas. Basically Ninja Gaiden with more depth. Not a Ninja Gaiden fan, but hoped this would be a genuine Dark Souls rival from a different developer, it isn't, far from it. Lords of the Fallen has more in common with Dark Souls then this. Deciding to start Bloodbourne, Dark Souls 2, or Dark Souls 3 now. Shame, and 9.7 from IGN with references to Dark Souls thrown in has reminded me how **** they really are.

Yea I can sort of see where extremely basic comparisons can be draw mainly in control and I guess difficulty but after that this is its own thing.biggest downside being the world and story etc just isn't interesting at all, or it's just poor I can't quite decide. The gameplay is what's kept me going

Soldato
I feel like I'm starting to get burnt out on this game entirely because of the sub-missions. I don't want to leave them and come back later because they'd probably be way too easy then and I feel like I'd be missing out, but going through the same levels 3 times (or 4 including the Twilight missions) is just too much and is making me not want to play the game as much as I should want to. Anyone else feel this way? I must have played the game for 10-15 hours and only seen three levels because of it.

I agree I think the side content is extremely repetitive fortunately. The main missions they selves are varied enough but the enemies themselves are becoming a tad stale across the board

Associate
I don't know about that, I much prefer the combat in this. I guess it does feel like a grind with the mission structure but the hook is the loot in this game.

I actually find this a bit easier than the souls series as there's gauntlets you have to run late in the game where, if you fail, you aren't made to do the entire thing again. Souls would have made you do the lot all over from the last bonfire.

Planning on getting through some more of NG+ today, I'm searching for a divine version of the O-Denta Mitsuyo. Looking forward to the content drops too.

The recent patch notes aren't 100% clear if the overwriting save bug is fixed so I'm still waiting to start my light armour build.

Soldato
Im not sure if im a fan of the loot at where i am in the game it just feels a bit too much or trash items so far, i imagine late game drops become more useful

Caporegime
First time i've actually looked at this and based on a couple of videos it seems to have a Souls vibe to it, is it more BB than Souls as far as combat goes?

Soldato
First time i've actually looked at this and based on a couple of videos it seems to have a Souls vibe to it, is it more BB than Souls as far as combat goes?

idk about bloodborne but it's more fast paced than the original dark souls

Does anyone know whether this can be played with Japanese audio AND Japanese subs (menu and everything)?

There is no audio language settings. All characters speak in their native tongue.

EX: Japanese character will speak Japanese and an English character will speak English.

Caporegime
Just started playing this, very much has a Souls/BB feel to it, in fact some of it is a straight rip off! That's no bad thing, love me a bit of that genre.

Couple of issues with fps and the camera absolutely sucks at times, other than that i'm enjoying it.

Soldato
Just started playing this, very much has a Souls/BB feel to it, in fact some of it is a straight rip off! That's no bad thing, love me a bit of that genre.

Couple of issues with fps and the camera absolutely sucks at times, other than that i'm enjoying it.

It's more ninja gaiden (which obviously makes sense given its the same developer) than souls imo and that far preceded the souls series, the comparison to souls/bb is rudimentary (not a dig at you, more the reviewers) and I agree with what others were saying above, reviewers just associated tough boss battles with souls.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom