***OFFICIAL OcUK HWBOT OVERCLOCKING TEAM***

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Nice Atom score and cup there Rich - congrats!

Lost a couple of cups to someone else on the Opteron's, but managed to get one back since the latest CPU-Z validates ok on those CPU's where for some reason the older version didn't.

Anyhow, we're pretty firmly in the top 100 teams now, so congrats all and keep em coming! :)

i killed that atom - it didnt work afterwards :(

lets get some more members and results coming in!!!

Soldato
Nice scores, but sadly once the LN2 brigade get these cards, the points will disapear as normal.

But nice work non the less rjkoneill, has overclockers staff ever thought of getting some LN2 pots in for the staff to really push their hardware?

May be an idea, would love to see what rjkoneill could do with his kit, with some LN2 lol.

Associate
Nice scores there Rich - guess I'm going to go down in the rankings as my global scores suffer with the new radeon series.

LOL at giving Rich LN2 to play with :D - It's a nice idea but he'd never get any systems built... and can you imagine the threads along the lines of "my OC'd bundle won't do 5.5GHz stable like yours... pls post me the BIOS settings... blah, blah, waah" ! :eek: ;)

Soldato
Haha yeh there would be many like that i guess.

They could allways bench after work, i still think its a good way to advertise the store, rjkoneill going for world records.

If i was'nt such a scaredy cat and well had the money too id love to try LN2 benching, but ahwell no funds, and to scared lol.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
the only restriction with doing it at work is health and safety / insurance constraints

i have already discussed it with fatboy, its very difficult to get into LN2, mainly because you need to learn to overclock in a completley different way.

i am working myself up to stuff like that

i am looking into phase at some point and hopefully i should have a unit for personal use soon.
then maybe move onto Dice

LN pots are expensive, the preperation that goes into an LN run is insane.

One day, rjkoneill's shed will have a few silver containers. not just yet though :)

Soldato
Ah yeh good point there, totally forgot about all the prep involved, nice to hear you maybe getting a phase unit at some point, would love one myself, but cost is beyond me sadly. You could allways ask fatboy to pay for a 3 stager to be made to use haha, man i wonder how much those things actully cost to make.

Anyways keep up the good work rjkoneill, just wish i could add more to the team score, but i guess every little helps.

I'll see if i can scrape a few more points, with my humple HD4670, now iv changed my cpu.

But realisticly gonna wait till end of the year when i can get the blackops board and some DDR3 to really push it, should go nicely with my water cooling then.

Caporegime
Thanks guys :)

I posted my 3dmark06 and pcmark05 results up as well last night and got a few more points.

ANybody know why my 3dmark01 score is not as much as it should be?

If you compare my system to the people above, my framerates are really low :confused:

In 3dmark03 where I have the top score, my system beats the same people and when you look at the detailed score for 3dmark01 all my fillrates,pixelrates etc are superior to the first place guy, yet my framerates are approx half?

I know I can't compete with 3dmark06 as the i7 score so highly on the cpu tests that even with better gpu scores I can't match them but I thought 3dmark01 would be totally graphics performance?

And another one I can't work out is the top guy's score with pcmark05. He has a 100Mhz faster cpu and a lowly 8800GT yet he whoops my ass compared to my system?

Associate
Hmm, scanned through the other verification images seems your hdd score seems lower in comparison.

Also whats with all the network disconnected icons aon the other results?

Caporegime
Hmmm I wonder then if I have done something stupid. I installed it to my raid drive thinking about it and not my ssd drive. I guess it might be using my raid to do the test and not my c: ssd drive?

I might reinstall it on the ssd and give it another go. You never know, they may all have raid ssd drives and that's where the difference comes from.

Perhaps there is something to be gained from switching of networks so I'll look into that as well.

Any ideas why my 3dmark01 framerates do no relate to the rest of the tests?

Back
Top Bottom