*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
I'm planning a sky build (way above cloud level) that I want to place near-ish to spawn, but don't want to upset anyone in the process.

I want to make a few fun things in the air above cloud level near / around the spawn area and potentially a few buildings with bridges between them.

What is good / bad etiquette for this kind of build? Have we any rules besides normal common sense stuff?

Let's give a few examples to test the water:

The Empire State building - common sense is to get agreement from Scotteh, Meep etc before adding a few biplanes in the air space

It would obviously be bad form to create Laputa (look it up :p) anywhere too close empire state building.
Spoiler image for Laputa
1_05%20Laputa.jpg

However what would people feel about say, a discreet build located on a fake wollen cloud that happens to cross the land boundary of an existing, relatively low height build (where most builds don't break the cloud level atm on our server).

Finally, what about a massive build, again above cloud level, that doesn't cross anyone's landspace but is pretty visible? For example, a walk in Star Destroyer many hundreds of blocks across and many more long?

Not saying I'm going to do these things, I just want to gauge where we are at and what could be a Yes and what would be a "What the hell were your thinking?!?"

Associate
I'm planning a sky build (way above cloud level) that I want to place near-ish to spawn, but don't want to upset anyone in the process.

I want to make a few fun things in the air above cloud level near / around the spawn area and potentially a few buildings with bridges between them.

What is good / bad etiquette for this kind of build? Have we any rules besides normal common sense stuff?

Let's give a few examples to test the water:

The Empire State building - common sense is to get agreement from Scotteh, Meep etc before adding a few biplanes in the air space

It would obviously be bad form to create Laputa (look it up :p) anywhere too close empire state building.
Spoiler image for Laputa
1_05%20Laputa.jpg

However what would people feel about say, a discreet build located on a fake wollen cloud that happens to cross the land boundary of an existing, relatively low height build (where most builds don't break the cloud level atm on our server).

Finally, what about a massive build, again above cloud level, that doesn't cross anyone's landspace but is pretty visible? For example, a walk in Star Destroyer many hundreds of blocks across and many more long?

Not saying I'm going to do these things, I just want to gauge where we are at and what could be a Yes and what would be a "What the hell were your thinking?!?"

the issue here is. what ever you build will cast a shadown on the groud below. so that area would not get any daylight.

For large sky builds i would still say build away from spawn but it all comes down to how bit or sall it will be. If other player have an issue with it or not.
Safe areas then to be out in the sea location.

I would suggest starting a topic on the LT forum for this and see how people might feel about it

Associate
Posted same topic on Linktart.

the issue here is. what ever you build will cast a shadown on the groud below. so that area would not get any daylight.

:eek: Hadn't thought of that. I think this in itself would mean a player's claimed space would have to include all airspace above any land they have built upon.

For large sky builds i would still say build away from spawn but it all comes down to how big or small it will be. If other player have an issue with it or not.
Safe areas then to be out in the sea location.
Corrected spelling ;)

This is why I gave the example of a star destroyer or floating sky castle, as something like that high in the air would be huge and could potentially interfere many peoples views at the same time if badly located.

I'm hoping that by having this discussion now we can avoid the same kind of rumpus and drama that has gone on before where people disagree on what is acceptable.

Soldato
Can anyone post up some good guides etc for this as I've only just got the game (years late yes I know :p) and would just like a bit of a guide..

Back
Top Bottom