Official Rampage Extreme Review/Overclock/Guide Thread

Associate
Keep us posted on how you get on with that ram roller :)

memory running at 1860
cpu 465x 9.5
prime 1 hour
strap 333
timings on auto
not doing anything with memory busy sorting cpu out this board is a dream could only get 425 with blackops stable could run 495 windows but not prime
when i sort out how to get screen pics up i will post some settings i use:)

Soldato
Just purchased the Asus Rampage Extreme from OcUK delivery on Monday 18/8. Purchased today 2Gb CellShock DDR3 (Micron 128Mx8 DDR3 chips) PC3-14400 (1800MHz) CL8 (8-7-6-21) 1.7-1.9V. Look forward to setting up this rig. Will post back with results.

Look forward to your results roller

Permabanned
OP
Good to hear CyZMyAssBaby :) I'll hopefully have some of the new G Skills kits to test in my board soon, Will post some results today hopefully.

Associate
update to the memory still on 333 strap and all on auto running at 1900 with latency4.6ns fsb 475 x 9.5 prime stable upped it to 495 not prime but does a super pi 1m -10 only prob im having is vdroop bios1.6 =cpuz 1.472 load 1.568 no load upping to 1.7v to-nite and see how it goes as im still at -47 at evap

Associate
Smirnoff/ roller

Does the RampEX MB have any issues with over volting memory?

here is some voltages i have noted under load the +5v goes to 6.12v so you can rekon the fam will be overvolted i only use cellshock for my tests THEY DO NOT LIKE HIGH VOLTS i have it at 1.7### and they are doing fine they are now running at 1920 latency47.3ns the other readings are 10000+
vcore is bios 1.625 cpuz unloaded 1.592 loaded 1.488 so there is problems in the vrm stageive increased the fsb to 482x9.5 which is coming along ok for a quad have had up over 5gig but dropped back to run stability tests how do i get pics up (more posts?) once i get 5g stable i ll try to post settings

Last edited:
Soldato
how do i get pics up (more posts?) once i get 5g stable i ll try to post settings

If you use either photo bucket or image shack. when posting click on insert image. Copy and paste the url of hosted image and that should insert your attached image with your post.

look forward to further updates and OC of both the CPU and CellShocks with pi runs

Smirnoff/Roller

Regarding the Fujitsu ML cap at the rear of the CPU socket, what type of back plate are you guys using to avoid crushing the ML cap? Does Asus provide a back plate with the motherboard as standard? As i will be water cooling using my existing Dtek Fusion.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
If you use either photo bucket or image shack. when posting click on insert image. Copy and paste the url of hosted image and that should insert your attached image with your post.

look forward to further updates and OC of both the CPU and CellShocks with pi runs

Smirnoff/Roller

Regarding the Fujitsu ML cap at the rear of the CPU socket, what type of back plate are you guys using to avoid crushing the ML cap? Does Asus provide a back plate with the motherboard as standard? As i will be water cooling using my existing Dtek Fusion.

I just used the backing plate that came with my Dtek Fusion, I just took extra care, turning each screw a little untill it was tight. When i do the final build on my system i'll cut out the back of the plate around the cap. If you dont want to cut the plate have a search around for the " crossbow backplate "

Last edited:
Associate
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
the cap on back i cut recess in armaflex there is no probs with phase
memory is still at 1.7 stock settings im at 480x9.5 stable 1.65 vcore need to go to 1.8 to get 495 stablish going to drop fsb and up multi next then e8600 having probs with vista bsod on boot think corrupted also this memory i had some in a maximus extreme and it did 2200 on stock i think cellshock is best on go at minute its worked in every board i have had for test 3 x foxconn 2 abit msi &a new 1 :)

Soldato
I just used the backing plate that came with my Dtek Fusion, I just took extra care, turning each screw a little untill it was tight. When i do the final build on my system i'll cut out the back of the plate around the cap. If you dont want to cut the plate have a search around for the " crossbow backplate "

Thanks for the info Smirnoff. I have found the crossbow back plate. It should arrive next week Monday.

Edit: How goes the G-Skill testing?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I'm having some problems getting it running, I think i may have some faulty sticks. I'll try and get a mini review posted monday or tuesday.

Permabanned
OP
May replace my blackops with this motherboard as long as my cell shocks (blue) run ok with it.

I've been throught 4 blackops so far, The current one stalls detecting IDE when useing a 4870... Post fine with other cards and the 4870 works in other boards, Blackops is good but it can be flaky at times.

Back
Top Bottom