*** Official Rugby League SLXVIII Thread ***

Associate
McBanana walks out of press confrere when asked why Graham isn't playing!

I don't think it would be too far of the mark that Graham was one of the other 6 in the Hock night out. Why else wouldn't you play a forward the Aussies genuinely respect

Soldato
England were robbed today. That ref has been banned in NRL since September yet he gets to officiate game one of the World Cup!

England were a lot better than I expected and it was a massive improvement from last week against Italy. Maybe with a different official in charge we would have won.

Burgess' first try should have been given, Tomkins was through and he brought them back for a forward pass.

Even one of our own officials in Hicks was against us, giving Australia a scrum after saying Charnley was in touch when he was about an inch in field. (they scored from the scrum!)

Associate
Yeah, England started really strong. First 20mins they were all over the Aussies and they looked shellshocked. Just seemed to lose a bit of focus and let a try slip in then it was all downhill from there really.

Graham situation is a joke! I don't know why you can put the whole campaign in jeopardy and drop him from the squad for that. Punish him in a different way, fine or something!

Was at the NZ v Samoa game last night which was great. Some right hits and SBW had a nightmare slip up. All over YouTube already. :p

Anyone going Eng v Ire on Saturday?

Soldato
I was at the NZ v Samoa game, it was packed full and such a great atmosphere with everyone cheering Samoa on. It looked like the players were really enjoying the game and appreciated the support.

I only have tickets for:

Aus vs Fiji
Tonga vs Cook Islands

The Quarter Final at Warrington
The Quarter Final at Wigan

I might go to the Final too (selling out fast!)

Associate
Yeah, would like to be at the final but can't make it! Bit gutted really. We seem to be making a full day bender out of all the games so far, November is going to be an expensive month. :(

Soldato
OP
Not really been keeping up with all the WC stuff, been so busy but great to see Clint Newton ripping it up playing for USA! Rovers legend.

Didn't bother watching the England game against Ireland though, a bit dull, to say the least.

Associate
Just got back from a week away and busy catching up with the games. The Scotland v Italy game was a cracker last night.

Any insight into what Hardaker did?

Went out and got ****ed after not playing vs Ireland (again) then DROVE back to camp, ****ed. £2500 fine.

Soldato
It's a shame Hardaker dropped out, I would have given him a chance against France as Tomkins hasn't really done a great deal from what I've seen so far.

Soldato
OP
Getting towards the business end of the competition now and the games will start to get much better. Are the BBC going to be putting all the Quarters and Semi Finals on in full? Or just a select few?

Soldato
OP
To be fair, Sky have done a fair bit for RL over the years. Some might argue that without them, there would be no SuperLeague. I'm not too aggrieved by the Sky commentators, but I think their "B" team (i.e. minus Stevo and Eddie) are better.

I think their half time analysis guy (the one always stood out in the rain!) is pretty decent. Forgotten his name....?

Last edited:
Associate
Fiji v Samoa: I was expecting a few more fireworks than that!

England will need to lift next Saturday to have any chance against NZ. I can't understand why Burrows didn't get another run on Saturday. I still have a sneaky feeling that England will turn them over.

Back
Top Bottom