• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Man of Honour
About time we had one of these to discuss benchmarks, overclocks and any issues people have found

I'll kick off with this little lot arriving this morning
gsaQkCt.jpg

AMD Ryzen R7 1700
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
2x4GB Team Group Dark 3000mhz CL16

Box built everything and booted into windows to ensure everything was fine on arrival, then updated to the latest F4 bios.

I haven't spent much time tweaking as yet but my chip seems quite happy @ 3.6ghz 1.18v (stock vcore).

As things stand at the moment 2666mhz is the highest memory speed I can achieve

FbE5gDH.jpg.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Best stability tester?

And is voltage reading ok for you in CPU-Z? mine always shows 1.55V

Asus AI Suite shows 1.32V currently

CPU-Z reports the same as Ryzen Master for me.

For stability these days I tend to do a couple of SuperPi 32M runs then just use it. I've had systems that'll do 24 hours in Prime95 that fall over fairly quickly in the real world

Man of Honour
OP
3.9Ghz and 2932mhz on the RAM so far with BIOS 5803 - Broke 1700 on cinebench.

N21BSWI.png
N21BSWI.png

Nice result

Crosshair has BCLK adjustment, you should see better results dropping the memory ratio and cpu multi and increasing BCLK

Man of Honour
OP
Hmm, I double checked that it was completely stock, set it off running 16gb stress test for half an hour.

Just walked past pc and could see it had rebooted.

So either this board is duff, or there is something going on with using realbench as a stress test.

I'd hold out for some BIOS updates. I'm having no luck getting past 2666mhz at the moment (Although I didn't try particularly hard)

Man of Honour
OP
Where from?

OCUK does not sell it, however, I am not able to say due to forum rules but I googled 'Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4' and it was about 3rd search result.

You can buy the cooler and AM4 bracket as seperate items from OCUK,or alternatively I've gone all out and bought the NH-D15S and AM4 Bracket

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £148.38
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Man of Honour
OP
My 1700 seems to struggle at 3.9 :/ maybe the board I'm using b350 tomahawk but i know others here have had success.
at 3.8 1.29 is stable but 3.9 has had me go up to 1.375 and is still not stable, not sure I want to push it anymore. Not until my bracket arrives. Stock cooler not doing a bad job though, kept it under 70 degress even whilst doing 5 consecutive runs of cinebench.

Looks like you've just got a poor clocker.

So far the theory of the binning processing being almost entirely down to leakage is true. 1700s are hitting a wall at around 3.9-4ghz where they stop scaling with volts whereas the 1800x and having an easier time getting there

Man of Honour
OP
Agreed nothing wrong with B350 boards at all. I've actually needed to bump the voltage up a little for 3.6ghz to 1.21v for it to be completely happy doing a big encode in Handbrake (1080p 1:1 Bluray Rip with SuperHQ Preset encoding in x265)

NWFhynK.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom