*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
I'll snap up a Sub Mini (or whatever they end up calling it) for my study as soon as they're available.

The smaller soundbar is tempting too, we need 'something' in the games room. I was planning to put a Beam in there but a small soundbar would probably work fine.

Soldato

They stole the name I guessed :p

Screenshot-20220504-190024.png

Soldato
That article says the new soundbar can be used as surround speakers with the Arc, is that true? So you can have the Arc plus four of these small soundbars to give 5.1.4 atmos

Not sure if they can be used as front channels yet, but rumour is they can be used as rears for upfiring and down-firing rear speakers.

Soldato
Am I being dense or have Sonos removed the ability in the iPad app (version 14.6.1, downloaded yesterday) to control the volume of individual speakers when they're grouped? All I'm seeing now is 'Group Volume' and no mention of the individual speakers within the group.

The iPhone and Windows apps still give individual volume levels.

Edit - The iPad is giving me the option to adjust individual speaker volumes now. It definitely wasn't on Friday.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I picked up a refurbed Sonos Beam Gen 1 from the Sonos Store.

My first sound bar. Very impressive bit of kit.

I have Google Assistant set up on it, so its great commanding it to do and play things. The only issue is the playing of BBC Radio stations.

My BBC Sounds account is linked to my Sonos account and I can use the Sonos app to select the radio station I want to listen to no problem. I have my You Tube Music account linked too, so I can ask it to play a song for example and it will from that service.

However, when I invoke Google Assistant and ask it to play BBC Radio 2 for example, the response I get is that is trying to stream it from TuneIn. I know that's not going to work as BBC Radio stations no longer stream via TuneIn.

Has anyone else come across this?

Associate
I have with a Beam, they are fine, though a little bulky. I also have Play: 1s with an Arc in another room as rears.

As a comparison, you wouldn't notice the difference if you were not able to hear both side by side. However my Arc and Play 1 setup is in a room approximately double the size so is not a direct comparison.

If I could afford 1's throughout I would, but hard to justify in a smaller room. They work with the app just like any other Sonos Speaker

Back
Top Bottom