*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
OP
One thing I noticed is apple music that is downloaded to your device for offline listening does not stream to the sonos (apple protection ********). So you have to stream from the internet.

Had me thinking, if I lost my internet for a while could I still stream music from on my device or do they rely on the internet?

I can't comment about Apple Music, but my parents ONLY use local content. Judging by the awful speed of their internet there's no way it's doing anything online with it before it starts playing.

Whether or not the Sonos requires an internet connection to function otherwise I don't know, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Soldato
I can't comment about Apple Music, but my parents ONLY use local content. Judging by the awful speed of their internet there's no way it's doing anything online with it before it starts playing.

Whether or not the Sonos requires an internet connection to function otherwise I don't know, but I wouldn't have thought so.

thanks.

I noticed when I installed the Sonos app on a second device (iPad) with a different apple account, my own apple music subscription was available on the device.
Did not think that would happen, but its good.

Soldato
OP
thanks.

I noticed when I installed the Sonos app on a second device (iPad) with a different apple account, my own apple music subscription was available on the device.
Did not think that would happen, but its good.

Yeah, it's great - you can add multiple accounts for all the services.

Great for both me and my partner as sometimes she'll ask me to put on one of her playlists that she's not shared.

Associate
Is everyone happy with the boomy uncontrolled base and veiled sound like you are listening through a pillow?

Why does the whole cabinet shake like crazy when playing ?

Soldato
Is everyone happy with the boomy uncontrolled base and veiled sound like you are listening through a pillow?

Why does the whole cabinet shake like crazy when playing ?

What have you got? It sounds faulty.

That was my thoughts as well! or do you just have it wedged on maximum volume which is never a good idea although even at max neither my play 1's nor Play 3 have the cabinet shaking about or sound that bad.

As an aside having picked up my new play 1 I finally decided to do the truplay room tuning thing, I wasn't really convinced it was anything more than a gimmick so haven't bothered before. Well I couldn't be anymore wrong it has made a really nice improvement in both my kitchen and living room (haven't done the bedroom yet) the improvement is subtle but definitely results in a nicer sound particularly the long thin kitchen. So I would definitely recommend it to everyone if you haven't already tried!

Caporegime
Going to pick up a play 5 today. I noticed yesterday in tax free in the airport they are £379 so although one year warranty compared to richer sounds 2 year, I think that's too good to turn down.

Caporegime
Yeah funny you mention audible I bugged their support about it yesterday. All they would say was its still in progress. Even with Spotify I still use the two step method of adding albums etc on the Spotify app first. I have found loads of times I use the sonos method first it hasn't saved the next time I come back.

Associate
I bought the play bar and 2 play ones about a month ago

Just bought one of these stands http://www.flexson.com/flexson/play-1-premium-floorstand

Then bought another play one today for another room.

Really impressed with all of it...

It's great when you have people over and they can install the app and put there music on so easily.

The combination of the play bar and the two ones sound better than my old 7.1 gigaworks with a top end sound card.

Man of Honour
Sonos is an outstanding system. I do wonder if the new Play:5 is any good, as the first one was pretty poor and two single Play:1's sound much better.

Caporegime
Sonos is an outstanding system. I do wonder if the new Play:5 is any good, as the first one was pretty poor and two single Play:1's sound much better.

I've got both and I can't imagine why you'd say the original 5 is poor in comparison. Especially after the addition of trueplay - I'd take a 5 over 2 Play 1s, there's a lot more low end on the 5 and fills a larger room better.

Man of Honour
I've got both and I can't imagine why you'd say the original 5 is poor in comparison. Especially after the addition of trueplay - I'd take a 5 over 2 Play 1s, there's a lot more low end on the 5 and fills a larger room better.

I just felt it didn't sound that good for the price, stereo pairing two 1's gives a much better sound IMO.

Back
Top Bottom