***Official Squad Thread***

Have just redownloaded this great game.

However, bit of an odd one...SteamVR and my Vive headset start up when i try to launch the game. It loads, but when i then close steamVR the game shuts down too.

It's an engine bug that we are tracking down. UE4 is so excited for VR it just starts up in VR mode if it detects a VR device.

There is no "solution", except unplugging. For now...

You can normal run in Squad forever, its sprint that used stamina. I bet you couldnt sprint ten miles with full kit!

no but you we were running for the ten miles or jogging.you cant in squad you tire quickly and then its slow snail time until it recharges.

you run for a short distance then like a asthma sufferer.

no but you we were running for the ten miles or jogging.you cant in squad you tire quickly and then its slow snail time until it recharges.

you run for a short distance then like a asthma sufferer.

You've never ran wearing a full combat load. Sprinting should be used for crossing open areas, when under fire etc not for simple sprinting from place to place. Stamina management is a thing.

Last edited:
Have just redownloaded this great game.

However, bit of an odd one...SteamVR and my Vive headset start up when i try to launch the game. It loads, but when i then close steamVR the game shuts down too.

Just temporarily disable the VR service that Vive uses (like with Oculus its the Oculus VR runtime service 'OVRService' )

bearing in mind with full plates in my body armour alone is 1/3 of my total body weight running for 10 miles in 'full kit' sounds absolutely ridiculous.

:) I challenge anyone to sprint for 10 miles without any kit (or clothes for that matter)

A good sprint speed for an average person is 20km/h with the fastest sprint speed being 44.6km/h.

Xcept1 - It would be interesting to time a 200m sprint in Squad to work out the speed and also what the speed of normal running is.

My guess would be that Dg could not sprint as fast as the characters in Squad or even run for 10 miles at the normal running speed (with or without kit) :D

edit -
Fastest 10 mile (16km) run ever took 44:24. This works out at an average speed of 21.62km/h (using this https://www.123run.com/en/)

https://www.iaaf.org/news/news/gebrselassie-runs-fastest-ever-10-miles-in-hi

Last edited:
Version 7 Preview

9vvk1vy.png

Hi Squaddies,

We're almost there! Alpha V7 is just on the horizon and it's time for us to do an overview of all the major changes and features coming in the next patch. As the majority of the team has been singularly tasked with V7 Development over the month of July, this post will replace this month's Recap for your monthly dose of Squad development updates.

Major Changes

New Feature: Vehicles - M1151 HMMWV, M939 Truck, Technical, Ural 375D and BTR-80 APC

pmVwV7P.gif

Squad kicks it into gear with the introduction of vehicle warfare, Squad drives further towards the combined arms warfare meta the game has been built for from the ground up. Truck transported troops dismounting in throngs pushing a flank; APCs giving heavy fire support for mechanized infantry assaults; counter armor ambushes; teams running logistics and resupply lines to support FOBs at the front, as well as a revamped forward operating base system, will enter the game soon.

Coming in the next version each faction will be receiving a compliment of vehicles divided into 3 categories: Transport, Logistics and Fire Support.

ZX6u9NFl.jpg

No matter how fast or accurate you draw and fire your weapon, Squad provides a multitude of gameplay roles, from medic to spawn point firebase defense, and now the introduction of logistics and resupply to Forward Bases adds another way for players to get in the action while not physically holding the point. On the flip side, crafty saboteurs can now infiltrate and ambush enemy supply lines.

Ve77cSxl.jpg

To maintain a level of order and to prevent teams devolving into a massive free-for-all, we are implementing a reserve vehicle system to open full vehicle control to pro-active Squad Leaders with coherent squads.

SgVJyq2l.jpg

I1E4gwd.gif

9vvk1vy.png

New UI: Radial Menu

As the first part of our new UI make-over, the Radial Menu has undergone a significant upgrade. The Orders and Enemy Spotting functions have been integrated into the radial menu, where markers can be placed in 3D World space simply by looking at and pressing the corresponding button on the radial menu.

https://media.joinsquad.com/2016/Aug/V7Update/markers.mp4

9vvk1vy.png

New Weapons: PPSH-41, SKS, M110 SASS, G3 series, RPG HEAT Rocket, RKG-3 AT Grenade and DShK-M Heavy Machine Gun

1k7C4cw.gif

The Insurgents will have their kit considerably expanded with the addition of the PPSH-41 Papasha Submachine gun, SKS rifle and G3 family of rifles. These weapons will be added to the existing lineup available to the Insurgents, giving players more varied means of dealing damage to the enemy. The SKS will also be featured for the Militia.

LnIG3cEl.jpg

9hsLf3rl.jpg

https://media.joinsquad.com/2016/Aug/V7Update/g3reload2.mp4

The RPG-7 will now also be deployed with the ubiquitous PG-7VL HEAT rocket, capable of dealing with most vehicle threats on the battlefield. The existing Fragmentation rocket will still be in use, but users will now have to choose between one or the other depending on the intended target as both excel at dealing with either armoured (HEAT) or infantry-based (Fragmentation) threats.

Previously shown off many months ago, the RKG-3 Anti-Tank grenade will be making its debut on the battlefield. It is a thrown grenade capable dealing with armoured targets same as a HEAT rocket, but the only caveat is that you need to be extremely close to your target to make the throw. Happy hunting!

jzerPIMl.jpg

Finally a new deployable Heavy Machine Gun will be debuting in Alpha Version 7! The DShK-M is an old Soviet era machine gun that fires the massive 12.7x108mm round, capable of obliterating infantry and light vehicles. It will be mounted both on a tripod and also on the back of armed Technicals for both the Insurgents and Militia, giving gunners a full 360 degree arc of fire. Gunners need to be even more aware as they can also quite vulnerable to enemy fire.

9vvk1vy.png

New US Army Soldier Models

Our brand new US Army Soldier models are ready to rock and roll! These will completely replace the older generation soldier models we have been using since the beginning of the game. While they have served us well over the course of development, it is time to put out the old and bring in the new hotness!

Ctulmpxl.jpg

upp193wl.jpg

9vvk1vy.png

New Map: Yehorovika

Storming into Squad is our new map, Yehorovika. Designed from the ground-up to be a vehicle-orientated map, it is making its debut along with vehicles so prepare yourselves for some high-speed mechanised infantry combat on a level never-before-seen in Squad.

xHHA1GLl.jpg

FE7qFIrl.jpg

viB0K0dl.jpg

UHbZP4hl.jpg

jvEQKmql.jpg

9vvk1vy.png

New Map Layers: Gorodok Dusk, Chora Night, and Infantry Only Versions

You will now find even more variety among the maps in SQUAD. There have been new layers added including Gorodok Dusk and Chora Night. As well, with the addition of vehicles, each map will have an infantry only version available for those who enjoy the pacing and gameplay of infantry combat.

u5Z6qThl.jpg

fr5BC3yl.jpg

9vvk1vy.png

Unreal Engine 4.12 Upgrade

Squad has been made compatible with the newest version of the Unreal Engine, and along with this comes a whole host of optimisations and improvements including dynamic foliage density and adaptive property replication. Both of these alone allow us to make a lot of savings on the client and server end when it comes to performance. Combined with many engine-level bug-fixes, 4.12 allows us to take that one step closer to having a smoothly running game for all coming into the new patch.

9horov4.jpg

9vvk1vy.png

Modding Update

Shu9Pzkl.jpg

Making a quick trip to the Modding sphere, a couple of very awesome projects are taking shape including a full Al Basrah remake and a Pacific islands-inspired map. Keep an eye out for their next update via the Modding Subforums, as well as on Discord.

vLNH1xil.jpg

9vvk1vy.png

What you've seen here is just the tip of the iceberg. On release day we will be releasing much more detailed patch notes and a full change log, so please look forward to that in the near future!

Offworld Out.

Join the Discussion >>

Garfo should be happy now. He gets G3A3 and G3A4!

Last edited:
cant wait to buy this when its done.. got so many games atm + summer ive held off but it looks like its turning out just right..

please tell me this supports 3440x1440 100hz ultrawide support

Best update ever this is going to be, looks awesome, know one should be waiting to get this game now, said it before, better than a lot of triple AAA games out there even at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom