***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
OP
Great job guys :D not once dropped below 50fps @1440p max settings.. Game is much more enjoyable now.
Not played all maps yet Fools Road etc was very bad for me.

The only thing I not sure I like but I can get used too it. Have you guys slowed down the running speed? or is it just much slower because I just came off BF1

Pretty sure it's because you've been on BF1. Having been testing v8 for a while then going back to BF1 I've felt I was super human! The sprint/acceleration to top speed hasn't changed for v8.

Soldato
OP
Xcept1 - now that we're GPU limited, what's the likelihood of crossfire/sli support any time soon?

Unfortunately that is pretty much down to Epic to implement into UE4. It's an awful lot of work to do because of the deferred rendering UE4 uses.

There was an unofficial fix but it doesn't seem to be working with v8 anymore. If anything changes or I find anything out I'll post it in here right away.

Associate
Unfortunately that is pretty much down to Epic to implement into UE4. It's an awful lot of work to do because of the deferred rendering UE4 uses.

There was an unofficial fix but it doesn't seem to be working with v8 anymore. If anything changes or I find anything out I'll post it in here right away.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Hopefully Vega will be here soon enough anyway and I won't need to worry!

Soldato
I've not really kept up with this game, but it looks like my kind of bag. Is the alpha open? I'd like to give it a try tonight. Thing is, I don't get much time to commit to gaming these days, so I've become a more casual player, which I know isn't ideal for something like this. Have mic though...will travel :)

Associate
I've not really kept up with this game, but it looks like my kind of bag. Is the alpha open? I'd like to give it a try tonight. Thing is, I don't get much time to commit to gaming these days, so I've become a more casual player, which I know isn't ideal for something like this. Have mic though...will travel :)

There's a free weekend coming up soon I think so you could try it then

Soldato
OP
We'd having a free weekend next weekend. As long as you use that mic you'll be fine. Expect that weekend to be flooded with new people not quite knowing what to do though... it's going to be hectic!

The minus point bug has been fixed for the next hotfix I believe.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you make sure you turn up the sensitivity on the anti cheat as this has been my experience with other games, namely COD and BF. I do hope the weekend is successful - new blood is always a good thing

Also, I think the entire community is very hyped for the performance update. Hopefully some of the folks like me who stopped playing as much will come back.

Soldato
We'd having a free weekend next weekend. As long as you use that mic you'll be fine. Expect that weekend to be flooded with new people not quite knowing what to do though... it's going to be hectic!

The minus point bug has been fixed for the next hotfix I believe.

Cool, I might wait until then. Thanks chap.

Soldato
i'm getting The UE4-Squad Game has crashed and will close..Fatal Error on start up.
any ideas as to why chaps running a 2600k @4.3 and a stock r290 with latest drivers, tried running steam and squad exes as admin..tia

Edit: it was sweetfx causing the error!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom