***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
OP
i'm getting The UE4-Squad Game has crashed and will close..Fatal Error on start up.
any ideas as to why chaps running a 2600k @4.3 and a stock r290 with latest drivers, tried running steam and squad exes as admin..tia

Edit: it was sweetfx causing the error!

We're getting EAC to look into it. It works fine for me strangely enough!

Permabanned
after fresh install atfer the update my game launches and the res looks weird, it lets me click into setting and the res is set to 1920 x 1080 as standard but the gui doesnt fit onto screen even though its set to fullscreen.

after clicking server browser it no longer lets me click onto anything and im just stuck in menu.

Associate
is sweetfx still worth it anymore? v8 vanilla looks pretty damn good!

Kohat is my new favourite map I think, it was always fun to play, but it looks so much better now and runs like a dream! My 390x still struggles a little with heavy wooded maps at 3440x1440 (like 38 - 58FPS) but Kohat is more like 55 - 75. Still plenty more to test yet though

Associate

Kohat is my new favourite map I think, it was always fun to play, but it looks so much better now and runs like a dream! My 390x still struggles a little with heavy wooded maps at 3440x1440 (like 38 - 58FPS) but Kohat is more like 55 - 75. Still plenty more to test yet though

Sweetfx for me before v8 and the rest is perfect. Really brightens up things and makes everything a lot sharper and less blurry. I haven't enabled all the new in game settings as I think sweetfx will still be better.

Melbo has a preset which is just superb. Although not to sure if he uses it still. Somewhere within this thread there is dl bit for his preset.

Soldato
OP
after fresh install atfer the update my game launches and the res looks weird, it lets me click into setting and the res is set to 1920 x 1080 as standard but the gui doesnt fit onto screen even though its set to fullscreen.

after clicking server browser it no longer lets me click onto anything and im just stuck in menu.

Have you tried clicking Clear Cached User Data in the Game Settings Window? This will clear some files and reset them to default then restart your game.

I still use it for the sharpening it has. It's pretty strange how it's working now. My old preset was working fine. I heard other people using it saying that after a complete reinstall it no longer worked so after I reinstalled I was getting a fatal error.

I'm now using the latest ReShade 3.0.4 using OpenGL mode which works fine for me but for not for the majority of others!

Associate
Have you tried clicking Clear Cached User Data in the Game Settings Window? This will clear some files and reset them to default then restart your game.

I still use it for the sharpening it has. It's pretty strange how it's working now. My old preset was working fine. I heard other people using it saying that after a complete reinstall it no longer worked so after I reinstalled I was getting a fatal error.

I'm now using the latest ReShade 3.0.4 using OpenGL mode which works fine for me but for not for the majority of others!

I wont be re-installing then. Mine work flawlessly atm :)
noted tho.

Caporegime
How is the community? Noob friendly or is it a bit toxic?

its pretty decent some noobs some full over the top army guys which actually make my day when giving orders. :D

overall nice game i cant stand the jumping over things though its like you are held down by gravity.just let a man jump.also the running.too slow should be able to run further and longer.fire fights are amazing sounds are too.

Associate
Was on the opposite side to the RIP guys and got shafted pretty much all night :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. I only joined at 10.30ish and told the guys straight away they were too stacked on one side so we balanced it out more in the next round.

Friday night after 7pm is the only night we purposefully stack, named [RIP] vs The World. I can assure you we don't always win, we've had a few Friday nights over the last month or so we've been pounded!

But if you join on any other night and it's looking stacked, feel free to mention it nicely in the chat box and it will get sorted I promise, we're very strict on that. Sometimes over the course of a few rounds is just ends up that way as more people leave and join one side.

But yeh, [RIP] vs the world tonight so come one come all and see if you can take down the mighty [RIP] ;):D

Associate
How is the community? Noob friendly or is it a bit toxic?

I would say very noob friendly, just follow instructions from squad leader and ask for help if you need it. Obviously you will find an occasional idiot, like anywhere in life, but on the whole the player base is pretty decent.

I didn't know anyone playing when I joined and still don't, but have since joined a clan and play with the same guys every night of the week. Love it :)

Associate
Sorry about that. I only joined at 10.30ish and told the guys straight away they were too stacked on one side so we balanced it out more in the next round.

Friday night after 7pm is the only night we purposefully stack, named [RIP] vs The World. I can assure you we don't always win, we've had a few Friday nights over the last month or so we've been pounded!

But if you join on any other night and it's looking stacked, feel free to mention it nicely in the chat box and it will get sorted I promise, we're very strict on that. Sometimes over the course of a few rounds is just ends up that way as more people leave and join one side.

But yeh, [RIP] vs the world tonight so come one come all and see if you can take down the mighty [RIP] ;):D

I did wonder what was going on one Friday night on RIP. Joined once to see 30+ RIP members on the other side. And yes we got pounded!

RIP & Mumberlines I tend to play mostly

Soldato
V8 is awesome! Got some serious FPS gains so I'm now getting above 60 most of the time. Got back on TS last night with the FFO boys and had a good laugh :) Think I'm hooked again.

Only thing that I can't work out is how to get reshade working. Game crashes everytime. Was working fine in V7.

Back
Top Bottom