***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
Yeah sorry Xcept1, a bit of confusion from my end as well.

------------------------------------

Just to give you lot a heads up regarding the [RIP] 2 Skirmish server :

As of tonight, the server will be shut down due to the updated Squad licensing rules. Over the last 2 weeks i have personally been very active on the server and actively encouraging people to try the skirmish layers. This server has proven very very popular over the last couple of weeks. As it stands, RIP are aware of the reasonably large skirmish fanbase and are seeking ways of getting the skirmish server back online and also to comply with the new licensing update. If you have enjoyed playing skirmish i urge you to make it heard on their forums here : https://www.rustyinplaces.org/forums/316/34695 .

To be fair to the RIP clan they have been brilliant so far, they are listening via the forum but also in a "Squad Skirmish Group" i have setup on steam (which you can join if you add me on steam "Grumps". Fingers crossed they get the server sorted and we can get back on it asap.

Soldato
Played on this sever for a few hours today and despite not playing a "proper" server properly yet sad to see this is the only skirmish server and that it's going to be going :(

Really reminded me of the good old days of BF2 :(

I'm assuming that was you in the same games as me. Enjoyed those games. Makes a difference when people actually communicate and don't try and play it like a game of CoD!

Soldato
I'm assuming that was you in the same games as me. Enjoyed those games. Makes a difference when people actually communicate and don't try and play it like a game of CoD!

Yep it was me! :)

Good games mate, apart from my squad leading haha!

Real shame about the Skirmish server going down however, hopefully if we keep making noise we can get it back up :)

Soldato
Yep it was me! :)

Good games mate, apart from my squad leading haha!

Real shame about the Skirmish server going down however, hopefully if we keep making noise we can get it back up :)

You seemed to be doing okay to me. I've only played a handful of games. Spotting players and then figuring out if their enemy or not is the hardest part for me currently.

Soldato
I have some superb news regarding RIP #2 skirmish server.

"OK, we have had members agree to maintain an admin presence during the servers core hours (along with our monitoring from BattleMetrics).

As such, I have requested and received a new license, which has now been applied to the server."

So, skirmish will still be on the server and should be all good as of now. Kudos to RIP for listening to the community.

See you on the battlefield boys :cool:

Associate
That's really good news about the Skirmish server - it's been very popular the last few days which is fantastic.
Man I cant wait until my build is complete so I can play this - just waiting for new AMD stuff next week.
Keen to see how you get on performance-wise with your new setup - this is one of the first games in a long time that's making me consider an upgrade from my trusty old 2600k...

Soldato
OP
Man I cant wait until my build is complete so I can play this - just waiting for new AMD stuff next week.

I'm keeping an eye on them too. Hopefully we will see some good benchmarks at the end of the week. My 4790k is still going strong but the mobo has dead ram slots so instead of sorting that out I've been waiting for these new Ryzens. Squad suffers with my old and slow DDR3 8gb haha!

Soldato
That's really good news about the Skirmish server - it's been very popular the last few days which is fantastic.
Keen to see how you get on performance-wise with your new setup - this is one of the first games in a long time that's making me consider an upgrade from my trusty old 2600k...

It's my first build in ~10 years and everything im getting is aimed at squad. I come from the good BF2 days and got an itch to play the modern version, all from watching a random Squad video on youtube so i'm expecting to be a regular in this thread.

See my posted called "Back into the fold" in the build advice thread to see what i've got so far. I could do with advice on a few components and setup still; lots of new things are on the scene since my day.

Soldato
I'm keeping an eye on them too. Hopefully we will see some good benchmarks at the end of the week. My 4790k is still going strong but the mobo has dead ram slots so instead of sorting that out I've been waiting for these new Ryzens. Squad suffers with my old and slow DDR3 8gb haha!

hopefully they dont sell out on day 1 day take months to backfill.

Back
Top Bottom