*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Soldato
Hi all,
I'm really looking forward to this game. I started playing wow soon after release and at one point was addicted but the last couple of years have just been playing it on and off, couldn't put up with the grind and attitude of the players I met.

I want to join one of the OCUK guilds but at this time just can't decide on which faction.....

If you want to do Sith PVE look up our OCUK guild here m8:

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/72070/tdr

Permabanned
Hi all,
I'm really looking forward to this game. I started playing wow soon after release and at one point was addicted but the last couple of years have just been playing it on and off, couldn't put up with the grind and attitude of the players I met.

I want to join one of the OCUK guilds but at this time just can't decide on which faction.....

Well if you looking to go Republic we recruiting The Immortals, we will be a PvP UK/EU PvP guild, or see out sw.tor guild page.

On another note I'm in now new beta build is up, not seen any real changes so far.

To the other guy game is on release for the 20/12, expect with early access to get in anywhere from the 13/12

Soldato
Couple of things not in the patch notes:

Mod Extraction!

Just found this and its huge. It means you can take any modded item, take out its mods you want and use them in any other matching item. Huge step towards controlling your own appearance it creates a new source of mods from all the crap you find on the road. It's also super cheap (20 credits right now).

Smuggler grenades now have knockback on them. Enemies go flying when you hit them. There's more changes on the early smuggler, just hit level 12 and the class just feels a lot more fluid and powerful. The new cover rocks when you get the hang of it.

New companion abilities, lots of changes from the last build and custom combat comments (although Corso doesn't ****ing shut up when he should anymore.)

Mods are dropping again as treasure Yay!

Took a ride on a friends spaceship to tatooine. Tried to get to the PvP area, but its in the middle of the planet. Too dangerous for level 12. Kinda like running Un'Goro at level 20 in WoW. Every sandperserson sniper shoots you from a mile away.

Reviving players now has a 15 minute cooldown. Operatives have a skill that removes this cooldown, I assume all healers get it.

Looks like there is some type of group summon, although I didn't figure out how it worked.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1418/yditp.png

Jukeboxes in cantinas! You can buy jukebox tokens from vendors then use them to change the cantina music.

Soldato
These are the list of the new racial Social Abilities:

Human: Rally - Rallies nearby allies.

Miraluka: Sense Force Alignment - Senses the target's alignment with the Force.

Twi'lek: Parlor dance - Perform an unique cultural dance.

Zabrak: Inspire loyalty - Inspires loyalty from nearby allies.

Mirialan - Focusing Ritual - Undergo a focusing ritual to rest and recuperate spirit.

Cyborg: Scan target - Scans target with a critical cybernetic eye.

Sith: Punish - Punish your companion for his or continued failures.

Rattataki: Shadowbox - Perform a series of mock blows, blocks and counters, warming up for the fight to come.

Chiss: Salute - Prompts nearby allies to stand at attention.

They seem to mostly be cosmetic. I used the Zabraki Inspire Loyalty on a friend and it placed a buff on him that said he was feeling patriotic. They did a little cheer animation. Bioware said they did not want players to feel they had to choose one race over another because of their racial abilities affecting PvE/PvP, so I doubt the racials will ever amount to anything other than cosmetic/fun stuff.

Associate
Aww man, it's almost worth rolling a Sith for the punish thing. One of my favourite things to do in EQ2 was using the Brigand level 20 fluff spell that made you smack one of your groupmates on their arse. Good times :D

Permabanned
Just getting my new beta client full access not weekend. ;)

Nice you will enjoy it, looks like we in the beta now for the long-haul.
Played the Sith this round, and surprising enough I think so far (only level 10) I have preferred the Republic look to the game.

What I do enjoy id the evil look you can have for your toons this side :)
Looking to go Republic we recruiting The Immortals, we will be a PvP UK/EU PvP guild, or see out sw.tor guild page.

Associate
If anybody wants to join the Swtor Sith Empire PvP guild then you can find it here.

I see Bioware have initiated start of Phase 3: Deployment for guilds(And yes Black Sun Pirates are ready for deployment), can't wait now!

Associate
Grrr how come I never get invited to the beta!! What races are poeple playing? Wanted to be a Twi'lek but doesn't seem to be an option :(

I've had this problem pretty much since I started gaming over a decade ago, applied to many betas - alas fate doesn't will it, not even a single one :(

Back
Top Bottom