• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
lol it is funny but there never seems to be much controversy. Can you say the same for the other way around. Without nvidia sponsored games this forum would have been very quiet over the years :D

It's funny because this game doesn't really perform well. There is no scaling above two cards, and there wasn't even a Crossfire profile for it when this launched. Hardly a beaming symbol, surely you have to agree lol.

Also what makes you think this game is CPU bottlenecked? I don't see other hex core uses taking huge advantages like Greg's Titan? There is very little difference between clocks with this bench. I'm getting less average at 1350 core.

Soldato
It's funny because this game doesn't really perform well. There is no scaling above two cards, and there wasn't even a Crossfire profile for it when this launched. Hardly a beaming symbol, surely you have to agree lol.

Also what makes you think this game is CPU bottlenecked? I don't see other hex core uses taking huge advantages like Greg's Titan? There is very little difference between clocks with this bench. I'm getting less average at 1350 core.

Crossfire as always worked on Dx11 version am sure of it? mantle version on the other hand the devs have to make it work. Am not sure amd have choice over Mantle when it comes to crossfire.

Soldato

1. MjFrosty-780ti@1315/1965, [email protected]
2. khemist-780Ti@1410/1905, [email protected]
3. gregster-Titan@1267/3767, [email protected]
5. whyscotty-Titan@1241/1802, [email protected]

That's why i think it's cpu bottle necked.

Notice the clocks on khemist and yours. Same with Greg and Scotty. Same cards yet khemist has much higher clocks and your way ahead. The difference is you have a 6 core he has 4. Greg and Scotty similar clocks same cards yet Greg is way in front. The difference Greg has 6 cores and Scotty has 4. It could be different drivers or some other reasons but the cpu's stuck out for me.

Soldato
1. MjFrosty-780ti@1315/1965, [email protected]
2. khemist-780Ti@1410/1905, [email protected]
3. gregster-Titan@1267/3767, [email protected]
5. whyscotty-Titan@1241/1802, [email protected]

That's why i think it's cpu bottle necked.

Notice the clocks on khemist and yours. Same with Greg and Scotty. Same cards yet khemist has much higher clocks and your way ahead. The difference is you have a 6 core he has 4. Greg and Scotty similar clocks same cards yet Greg is way in front. The difference Greg has 6 cores and Scotty has 4. It could be different drivers or some other reasons but the cpu's stuck out for me.

Give me a mo - I'll run the same clocks - Titans back on the 3930

Caporegime

There was a crossfire profile on launch in the release drivers but it did not work properly until a day or two later when Eidos released a game patch.

Caporegime
Done a 4K run for fun (in case tommy wants to add other resolutions)

c272c12234fd0ce2fb1cc3c7022eb5bb.jpg

3930K @ 3.5Ghz - SLI Titans at stock clocks.

Soldato
It's not, it makes sense for the clocks. I tried re-running that bench at the same clocks on mine time after time and was getting 93-94. Between that and drivers it was a fluke run. The engine is capped to 200 FPS too.

Caporegime
Ok. Tommy, i have different settings to you?
See how i have 'Limit Texture' and 'Image Based Reflection'.

Phenom II x6 1090T @ 4Ghz
Radeon R9 290P @ 1075 / 1400

My Score are;

DirectX
Min: 31.4, Max: 73.5, Avr: 45.4

Mantle
Min: 57.1, Max: 89.6, Avr: 67.8

Mantle rocks, Again! :D

DirectX

Mantle

Status
Not open for further replies.