** Official Thread for those attending the 2011 British Grand Prix at Silverstone **

Associate
Good first day, if a bit wet!

Got there at 8am and met up with a friend who arrived about 30 mins later. We went in and the main grandstand was packed already so we walked round to Luffield to see the start of the session. The track was pretty wet but everyone was out. Luffield has changed a bit. They've removed the stand I was in last time that's nearer the start of the corner. Watched from there for a while and then started to work our way round. We ended up at Copse by the end of the session. Then we moved up to Becketts for the GP2's. Stowe for the GP3s and then round to the new grandstand for the second F1 session. But, most people had got there first, nearly an hour before the session started so we went for a walk round to the new loop section and ended up sitting in the pelting rain at Farm/Village. Such was the weather that the cars didn't come out until about 25mins to go which was a shame.

What's quite cool is that you can now walk on the track at the old bridge corner. They had all the team stalls down there (Ferrari, McLaren, Merc, Lotus, Red Bull and Pirelli), a lotus F1 car to look at and some videogames/entertainment.

Then a mass exodus started so as I'm going to see the other cars in the next 2 days anyway I decided to call it a day and do some more sight seeing tomorrow :)

img0832st.jpg

img0856ut.jpg

img0868j.jpg

img0888z.jpg

img0908q.jpg

img0911h.jpg

img0934nx.jpg

img0934b.jpg

img0952v.jpg

img0975w.jpg

img1040k.jpg

img1060gb.jpg

img1085t.jpg

img1110xe.jpg

img1165j.jpg

img1228bt.jpg

img1251j.jpg

img1259hl.jpg

img1266l.jpg

Man of Honour
Just got back :)

Got to the track at 7.30am and headed to the new straight. As you said above, by 8am when we were there, the place was packed! Stayed there until 30mins into the first session and watched the rest from the Arena section. Had a walk around and watched FP2 from Luffield B :)

The Williams was certainly the loudest car out there today.

The new International Straight & Wing is just epic. So much better than the baron land there before. Also nice to see the access to Arena is open now, rather than having to follow a silly narrow route. Silverstone looks far better than before, but still some work to do.

Last edited:
Soldato
Downpour at 1pm. Jesus. Christ. Was stood at the infield section just before Luffield and got drenched :p

All my phone pics came out rubbish, but videos were decent and captured the sound spot on :)

smr

smr

Soldato
Anyone walk near Silverstone Six Hospitality area? It's a big marquee tent with a grandstand in the middle of the circuit between Maggots Corner and the Wellington straight. Just wondered how you get to that part of the circuit for tomorrow!

Associate
Getting there by mega bus tomorrow morning!
coach leaves at 730.. which means i'll probably have to wake up at 630 on a sunday :(

Soldato
Just got back, will prep some photos. The new layout seems fantastic. I fully recommend farm curves to attendees for next year. The lower your seat number the better. Due to the gold roving tickets we stole seats right on the end of the stand with a fantastic view of turn 1, the pix exit, the grandstand and the farm curves.

Soldato
Weather has been very random but so far great weekend! Sat in woodcote and luff most of the day :)

Should make for a very interesting race tomorrow :D

Not got great 3G here in the campsite but here is one pic for now.. More tomorrow when I'm home!

Last Import-322 by teledude, on Flickr

Soldato
You moved around Duke! Look there I am sat in the farm A stand!

Some photos!

It was lovely and sunny!
farm-curves-view.jpg

And then it was wet!
wet-grandstand.jpg

Lewis was there!
lewis.jpg

lewis-2.jpg

Always chasing..
chase.jpg

chase-2.jpg

The one-two that got away..
red-bull.jpg

A renotus appeared!
renault.jpg

And a Toro Rosso showed off some sparking 90s style.
toro-rosso-2.jpg

Soldato
2 days of ever changing weather... covered in mud, damp and tired. But loving it!
Taken a few hundred photos however not going to go through them properly until I'm back home at my pc; far too much effort to try and process then upload from my tablet.

The live band and DJ on the Woodlands campsite last night were great, the band played the Chain which as you can imagine went down very, very well!

Anyone else on the Woodlands campsite?

Associate
Cant wait for tomorrow, I do have Silverstone Six tickets with all the passes etc - won them in a competition ;) (me and 9 others are responsible for naming the new complex The Wing, this is one of a fair few uber prizes they gave)

Just a bit miffed the grandstand for it isn't covered :(

Shame the CorruptFIA keep moving goalposts and marring the spectacle.

By the way if anyone is interested I've a shedload of pics from the opening of The Wing if you'd like me to share.

Hi, by the way ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom