• Competitor rules

    Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Unigine Valley Leaderboard**

Permabanned
Joined
5 Apr 2006
Posts
7,699
GTX 1080 2154/5284

rwj2tw.jpg
 
Associate
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Posts
85
5960X @ 4.5Ghz on 16 threads, 4.3Ghz Cache

SLI Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8G @ 1787/2222
Nvidia Drivers: 378.49

Score: 6822

FPS: 163.0
Min FPS: 44.9
Max FPS: 258.2

Lyn0rU2.png
 
Associate
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Posts
85
Did I win?!?

I've just realised my screenshot isn't of the dark trees! :/

*Edit - Just realised this isn't your bag Kaapstad... I thought you'd slap me onto the board there. Maybe you've updated firestrike tho. (excitement)
 
Soldato
Joined
17 Oct 2012
Posts
5,278
Location
Leeds
dingleweed;30481161 said:
Did I win?!?

I've just realised my screenshot isn't of the dark trees! :/

*Edit - Just realised this isn't your bag Kaapstad... I thought you'd slap me onto the board there. Maybe you've updated firestrike tho. (excitement)

Will your cpu go any faster? Cpu speed is very important in Valley . also Valley only uses 4 cores max so you could disable 4 cores but keep ht on the reduce heat and increase frequency.
 
Associate
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Posts
85
Probably Jumper!

I was going to look at my RAM next for OCing... but I've swapped the 1070s around and it seems there's a different sweet spot. I might see if there's any more graphics points to be had with the cards this way around... or perhaps independently clocked?

It's a good point tho mate, I hadn't considered shutting cores down but now I know Valley only looks at 4 I might be tempted!

I'll maybe get around to it... well I should at least give it a try!
 
Soldato
Joined
17 Oct 2012
Posts
5,278
Location
Leeds
dingleweed;30481222 said:
Probably Jumper!

I was going to look at my RAM next for OCing... but I've swapped the 1070s around and it seems there's a different sweet spot. I might see if there's any more graphics points to be had with the cards this way around... or perhaps independently clocked?

It's a good point tho mate, I hadn't considered shutting cores down but now I know Valley only looks at 4 I might be tempted!

I'll maybe get around to it... well I should at least give it a try!
you should always put the best card at the top and test each card to the limit on its own before sli to maximise scores.

they are better off with the clocks at the same speed from what i have seen.
 
Associate
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Posts
85
I'm not sure if it's the drivers messing with the SLI configuration... but I'm not even sure which card is getting hot... I wasn't even sure which card was 0 and 1... or 1 and 2... I'll take a loot at it sometime but I'm all valleyed out just now.

5.4Ghz is an impressive OC! Is it custom water cooled?
 
Soldato
Joined
17 Oct 2012
Posts
5,278
Location
Leeds
dingleweed;30481496 said:
I'm not sure if it's the drivers messing with the SLI configuration... but I'm not even sure which card is getting hot... I wasn't even sure which card was 0 and 1... or 1 and 2... I'll take a loot at it sometime but I'm all valleyed out just now.

5.4Ghz is an impressive OC! Is it custom water cooled?
no thats just on air at 1.525v. its my 3rd best 2500K :p unfortunately being sandy bridge even on water or ln2 it wont go any faster which is annoying. It does mean the lid is solderon on though so the temps are great, which is why i can run 1.5v+ without it overheating on air. i wonder if my 3570K still works i could use that at 5.7ghz on SS Phase to see if it makes any difference in valley, i still think the cpu is holding the cards back a bit.
 
Associate
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Posts
85
Since the new forum style has removed my score... ;(

5960X @ 4.6Ghz on 16 threads, 4.3Ghz Cache

SLI Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8G @ 1999.5/2218.5
Nvidia Drivers: 378.66

Score: 6888

FPS: 164.6
Min FPS: 46.2
Max FPS: 265.0

I've tweaked the RAM and got all the cores running at 4.6Ghz now... It's made a slight difference. Perhaps the next step is to shut down some cores and aim for silly Mhz! The cards are behaving when cold at least. I got lucky with that run after leaving the window wide open! :D

NXa9mOb.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom