*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Thats me for the night. Sorry to hear some of you are still having trouble getting in :(

Definitely siding with Order on release, much prefer their classes and zones.

Going to try a witch hunter tomoz :D

pld game for just over 2hrs as a witch hunter and so far im loving it.

graphics are nice more options might be about for full game but as it stands looks gd on high settings, mostly done pve and in 2hrs only got to lvl 5 along with 2 runs of the 1st PQ wher i gaind a 6th and a 1st place at the end :D

tried to do the 1st scenario but neva got a chance to join was in the queue for long time :(

Finally got in thanks to a friends spare account...

Well... Wow! Very impressed. Runs very well on my 8800gt @ 1920 maxed out ( No AA ).

Definately feels very polished, up there with WoW and EQ2. Lots to do and see. Great visuals and sounds, loads of acheivments, skills and ranks. Quests are good especially public and scenarios. Nice mix.

Compared to some of the pretenders to the mmo crown, AOC, LOTRO and D&D, it stands out imo.

Still, early days. :D

Not really. War has PvP at the very core of it's experience with final game being predominantly keep/castle and capital city takes. It's hard to state how integral PvP is to WAR.
WoW is mainly PvE with some PvP tacked on. It's not essential and only really there to appease the people who don't follow WoWs core endgame mechanic: raiding.

Cheers :)

Just been playing, not bad so far but very laggy earlier.

If your having problems with getting accepted etc, so what I did; I spammed 35 identical requests over and 5 mins later was patching. No email confirm just tried logging in - it hadnt worked minutes before. Spam ftw? :D

absolutely loving this game at the mo, the annoying unattackle message sucks but the game feels perfect, been playing all day a shaman with my IRL friends got to lvl 5, also played a disciple which i think will be my main to lvl 5 also with some old wow guild mates.

having lots and lots of fun, the public quests rock so much!

heres my lvl 5 disciple at the mo!

resized from 1600x1200

Finally got it working too.
Very enjoyable, bar the plethora of unattackable mobs. Am I missing something though? Whacked the res up to 1680x1050 and put all settings on full and its far from what I'd call impressive Lots of very dodgy textures and stuned animations, especially at a distance :S

Finally got it working too.
Very enjoyable, bar the plethora of unattackable mobs. Am I missing something though? Whacked the res up to 1680x1050 and put all settings on full and its far from what I'd call impressive Lots of very dodgy textures and stuned animations, especially at a distance :S

Maxing out AA AF in your gfx card control panel for war.exe helps a LOT. Makes it look like a different game. Regarding distant animations, this is some form of LOD mechanic which they need to improve (it's the reason for blurry distant textures too)/ Although by setting animation to high in the custom options, I haven't really noticed it this phase. It used to be quite bad before.

absolutely loving this game at the mo, the annoying unattackle message sucks but the game feels perfect, been playing all day a shaman with my IRL friends got to lvl 5, also played a disciple which i think will be my main to lvl 5 also with some old wow guild mates.

having lots and lots of fun, the public quests rock so much!

In the interface menu you can put multiple bars on your screen at once :p

In the interface menu you can put multiple bars on your screen at once :p

i know but theres no need atm cause aint got enough skills the fill them!

+ i dont click :) also ill be changing the whole UI on release that was similiar looking to my wow one!

also with my 4850 i tried enabling FSAA and AF but it didnt seem to work, still jaggy edges etc just lower FPS!

also they will include higher res textures in the full version just just didnt do it for beta as its around an extra 3-4 gig worth of download just for the extra textures, so the kept it to low-medium textures to keep the beta client to a sensible download size, so hopefully it will be fixed for final release!

Last edited:
i know but theres no need atm cause aint got enough skills the fill them!

+ i dont click :)

Neither do I :). For zealot etc I'd have damage on one bar (alt+keys) and healing on another etc. Current witchhunter accusations on one bar + judgements etc on others. Liking OB because we can now bind to keys like Q, E and R etc. These were reserved in previous beta statges - which sucked.

also they will include higher res textures in the full version just just didnt do it for beta as its around an extra 3-4 gig worth of download just for the extra textures, so the kept it to low-medium textures to keep the beta client to a sensible download size, so hopefully it will be fixed for final release!

I'm hoping they will. Something to take note of next time you're in game is that your immediate environment does have hi-res textures, but they've got a mechanic which reduces the quality further away from you. THis needs some serious tweaking, or they need to give us the option to tweak the distance our selves.

Back
Top Bottom