****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Maybe we should start listing games we've switched too.
I've tried war thunder and armoured warfare neither have grabbed me.

I'd really like to find a similar game - doesn't have to be tanks. But a old man's FPS with reduced fast-twitch requirement (like WoT) would be great. I used to be pretty good at Unreal Tournament, but my 14 y.o. son hands me my arse in anything like that now.. I like the 5 to 10 minutes per game especially where thinking a bit is a big advantage!

Enjoying a replay through the Witcher 3 with lots of high res textures and other mods.

Soldato
I stopped playing WOT about 5 years ago, iirc just before the Jap heavies were introduced, even then i thought it was going downhill fast.

I swapped over to World of Warships, its a lot slower in pace and was then a good game.

But WG seem to be doing their best to ruin this game like they did with WOT, with some of their decisions in the last couple of years.

Soldato
I might start giving Squad a go, played quite a bit of Project Reality mod for BF2 back in the day.

Also managed to bag a 3060 Ti FE so going to start playing through the really good looking single player games!

Soldato
I had a very good session the other afternoon mainly playing T6 and T7 mediums very cautiously. Made 40k credits over 25 battles as I had 4-5 disastrous games in my Tiger 2.

Will repeat the experience again this week.

Associate
Anyone on here still playing this? Wants to do the referral 2.0 program? I'm about 40 short of the max 200 battles and have a few decent tanks from tier 2-6. Its been a slog :D but enjoyable.
Do we still have any WOT vets to drag me through to some better tanks?

Soldato
Uninstalled about 2 months ago. Hope you find some games.

Still makes me sad to see how WG wrecked what was my favourite game ever. So much time invested in what became autoloading, pay to win fest, gold spamming, clown car driving travesty.

Sigh.

Associate
I think I last played a game towards the end of April last year. The game is still installed and automatically updates, but no desire to play it here. My reasons being very similar to those of Hodders'. Then again I haven't really touched any games for about month thanks to real life being on a bit of a downward spiral at the moment!

Can't say I still follow the streamers/YouTubers anymore either. I think I last watched Iyouxin at the end of March or early April just to see he'd made it out of Ukraine more than anything else.

Soldato
Bit of a necro.

Thought I'd playa few games to see if anything had changed.... Holy moly. Talk about muppets - this sums it up!

Only 4 of us did any damage at all! I nearly did more damage than the rest of my team combined.

YOAXC9b.png

Soldato
Not a chance.

They keep creating pressure on players to spend substantial money for in-game performance.

A mere sub isn't enough, you need to spend above and beyond and they'll keep inventing new performance advantages and invite you to pay for it or watch someone else use it against you.

Soldato
Tonight got steam-rollered in almost every game.

Guns just won't pen, accuracy way off, armour turned to paper. The RNG changes just make it an even worse lottery than it used to be many people rage quit over the RNG changes.

Associate
Really enjoying the onslaught mode I’ve been using my tier ten tanks that I wouldn’t normally play (cost too much) and I’ve even been making credits with them.
That’s wit premium, I won’t give them anymore money than that tho

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting - been thinking of trying onslaught - got a variety of T10s but very few with field mods as just don't play them on a free-to-play account - good crews though.

Which do well?

Got Super conq, IS7, IS4, K91, T62a, 430U, STB1, STRV103B, Udes16, T50/51, badger, Obj268v4, LT-100 plus lots of others.

Noticed Claus Kellerman was having good games with a light tank. With only 7 players, it leaves a lot of space for a LT to operate.

Thoughts?

Are you not finding it to "try hard" and just tilt-worthy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom