Oh God, bad news :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
:(
My prayers rest with their families. Well done guys, you have done your country's proud. May you rest in peace knowing you went to the aid those that need you.

I sincerely hope that some anti-war protestors do not use this for their cause, because would just be sick, just sick.:(

Soldato
gb.gif

RIP lads.

Soldato
Originally posted by Over Clocker
My prayers rest with their families. Well done guys, you have done your country's proud. May you rest in peace knowing you went to the aid those that need you.

I sincerely hope that some anti-war protestors do not use this for their cause, because would just be sick, just sick.:(

seconded.

I just heard it was actually 12 british soldiers on board and 4 US.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2871077.stm

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by silverpaw
It's been confirmed as 8 British Marines from 3 Commando Brigade, and 4 US air crew. :(

Has there been any indication on where and why the chopper crashed? Not another American mistake I hope :(

Soldato
Originally posted by Bungee

THe last thing I wanted to hear when I woke up this morning.

I've heard it said they may have been SAS/SBS too :(

They are said to be British Marines.

RIP to our British soilders :(
gb.gif

Soldato
Originally posted by Bungee
They are not gonna say anything else mate :(

You are quite right mate. thou, as someone said, you wouldnt really be carrying that many Special Forces troops in one chopper, 4 is generally what they work in.

Might they disclose it thou when the relatives are informed?

About the Chinnook only having 4 US Crew is because its not a combat mission... since when is a Chinnook a combat chopper :p probaly an insertion behind enemy lines.

Suspended
Yea but think of the amount of helicopters they are using at the moment and the current problem with sandstorms gong on in the area.

RIP :(

Soldato
Originally posted by Busby
Yea but think of the amount of helicopters they are using at the moment and the current problem with sandstorms gong on in the area.

RIP :(

1 could be expected maybe, but 2. They are trained to fly in zero visiblitiy, so sand isnt a major problem, neither are cross winds etc. and they aint using that many tbh.

Reminds me of the time an US aircrew told its British passengers to jump (over the sea, and the British didn't know) because they where under fire. US crew survived, our troops died. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom