Oh God, bad news :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Originally posted by Bungee
Maybe, why?

firstly - I'M NOT SAYING THESE LIVES DON'T MATTER. I KNOW ITS SAD WHEN ANY PERSON DIES. K?

But, well... you wanted a war. Everyone knows that war = death. And that we are gonna loose some soldiers?
Fair enough this was an accident not really caused by Iraq fire but.. y'know it was obvious people were guna die n not everything was gonna run smoothly?

Maybe we should just keep one thread for people to write R.I.P in, I just thought it'd be a bit silly if we had a new thread for everytime a soldier died or something.

*me shrugs*

Permabanned
Originally posted by Stand_By_Me_Girl
firstly - I'M NOT SAYING THESE LIVES DON'T MATTER. I KNOW ITS SAD WHEN ANY PERSON DIES. K?

But, well... you wanted a war. Everyone knows that war = death. And that we are gonna loose some soldiers?
Fair enough this was an accident not really caused by Iraq fire but.. y'know it was obvious people were guna die n not everything was gonna run smoothly?

Maybe we should just keep one thread for people to write R.I.P in, I just thought it'd be a bit silly if we had a new thread for everytime a soldier died or something.

*me shrugs*

Well Said :)

These guys went there to kill or be killed, well - they died. Tis a harsh reality for their families but we dont know them and never will. Its their choice - they dont have to be there!

Theyre not fighting this war on my behalf - the UK is not at threat, theyre not defending queen and country. The do not have my support and never will. This war is unjustified and many more innocents will die from both sides as a consiquence of some warmongering gung ho idiots :mad:

Associate
I'll have to disagree with you there. We know what war means, and that some of our soldiers won't be coming back, but that doesn't make it any easier to take when it does happen.

Like silverpaw says they deserve our respect.

Edit ~ Slime - what are you doing in this thread if you don't have any sympathy/support for our troops?
Your post is in shocking taste considering the subject of this thread :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Slime101
Well Said :)

These guys went there to kill or be killed, well - they died. Tis a harsh reality for their families but we dont know them and never will. Its their choice - they dont have to be there!

Theyre not fighting this war on my behalf - the UK is not at threat, theyre not defending queen and country. The do not have my support and never will. This war is unjustified and many more innocents will die from both sides as a consiquence of some warmongering gung ho idiots :mad:
easy tiger:D ;)

Soldato
It's amazing how many people who are so lovely, kind, against the war and against death show absolutely no respect when a soldier dies. Why is this? He was just there doing a job. Wether, in your opinion, it's right or wrong is irelevant. Or are you only sad when it's a civilian that dies as it backs up your case against war?

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Desmo
It's amazing how many people who are so lovely, kind, against the war and against death show absolutely no respect when a soldier dies. Why is this? He was just there doing a job. Wether, in your opinion, it's right or wrong is irelevant. Or are you only sad when it's a civilian that dies as it backs up your case against war?

Shows the one sidedness.

Also:

- Anti-war protests continue around the world, with at least two people - one of them a policeman - killed in clashes in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa

I beleive the other person to die was small boy :rolleyes:

Some of the posts here show so little respect for your cause its unbeleivable.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Over Clocker
Shows the one sidedness.

Also:

- Anti-war protests continue around the world, with at least two people - one of them a policeman - killed in clashes in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa

I beleive the other person to die was small boy :rolleyes:

Some of the posts here show so little respect for your cause its unbeleivable.

I dont thin that is really fair - you dont know the circumstance under which they died - are you sad they died, in all honesty NO - you didnt know them do why be sad.

I dont show my respect for every tom dick or harry that dies - thats for the people who know them, family and friends. It means nothing for me to say RIP, or what a tradegy - it is, but not for me!

Its not being dis-respectful - i'm just not going over the top. Once again they dont have to be there - i didnt ask for them do do it and i certainly dont respect them for doing it - why should I?

Associate
R.I.P guys. I find some of the negative sentiment in this thread sickening.

These troops have died ensuring the likes of me and you can continue going about our daily lives, living the life we want to live i.e. FREEDOM.

These soldiers died with the sole purpose of protecting Britain the world and its people. Whether you agree with the legitimacy of the war is irrelevent, those lads have died with honour. I certainly, give my respect.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
BBC just recieved footage of Iraqis celebrating as their city is liberated, said to be chanting "Sadam your days are numbered".

Our Armed Forces should be proud. They are liberating a repressed people.

Some of you should feel ashamed at your disrespect.

Oh, and "Slime" you said "- are you sad they died, in all honesty NO -" I actually was sad to hear this. As were the majority people in this post.

People, whatever your views, Please do not use our respect thread to make disrespectful comments.

Mal

Soldato
I dont thin that is really fair - you dont know the circumstance under which they died - are you sad they died, in all honesty NO - you didnt know them do why be sad.

I dont show my respect for every tom dick or harry that dies - thats for the people who know them, family and friends. It means nothing for me to say RIP, or what a tradegy - it is, but not for me!

Its not being dis-respectful - i'm just not going over the top. Once again they dont have to be there - i didnt ask for them do do it and i certainly dont respect them for doing it - why should I?
You don't respect people who serve, and are prepared to die, for your country??

You don't feel sadness when our country loses one of these brave and valuable men?

You don't feel or show respect when every "tom dick or harry" dies, yet you're anti-war? how's that?

Permabanned
Originally posted by silverpaw
You don't respect people who serve, and are prepared to die, for your country??

- - - No not really - and i dont support them either, sorry but i am really anti this war, its not the way to achieve world peace, it only serves to bolster americas bully taktics for their own gain.

You don't feel sadness when our country loses one of these brave and valuable men?

- - - Not really no, i do feel sorry for their familys - i have lost rellies and firends so i do know what its like but in all honesty how can one feel genuinly affected and sad by the death of someone who you dont even know, we dont know who they were - or the real reasons the "accident" happened and wont for a long time.

You don't feel or show respect when every "tom dick or harry" dies, yet you're anti-war? how's that?

- - - Thats not true - if a forum member, someone who i "know" and respect or a friend looses someone close then yes i feel for them and offer my condolences and support. BUT i dont know these people at all.

Soldato
Originally posted by Tumbler^

May they not die in vain!

Might get flamed for this, but they did. Their lasting contribution seems to have been the ones unfortunate enough to bring down a 40yr old chopper. I am not sure what "debt of gratitude" Blair was talking about, I dont know too many people in this country that were scheduled a ride onboard that particular machine.

There seems to be a media frenzy to invoke as much patriotism as they can.

Associate
- - - No not really - and i dont support them either, sorry but i am really anti this war, its not the way to achieve world peace, it only serves to bolster americas bully taktics for their own gain.

Not really no, i do feel sorry for their familys - i have lost rellies and firends so i do know what its like but in all honesty how can one feel genuinly affected and sad by the death of someone who you dont even know, we dont know who they were - or the real reasons the "accident" happened and wont for a long time.

Thats not true - if a forum member, someone who i "know" and respect or a friend looses someone close then yes i feel for them and offer my condolences and support. BUT i dont know these people at all.

Why did you post in this thread?

Your disrespectful comments were not needed :mad:

Soldato
I am anti-war, and I find it pretty sad that people do not care about deaths of our British troops. I would for any man or woman that will fight in the British Army, even if I dont believe in what they are fighting for.

Garp, you joking? or are you really that senile? You dont bury survivors?. :p

Soldato
Originally posted by chenko
I am anti-war, and I find it pretty sad that people do not care about deaths of our British troops. I would for any man or woman that will fight in the British Army, even if I dont believe in what they are fighting for.

I find it pretty sad that the anti-war and war supporters alike find it soo difficult to care about deaths of any individuals. 12 human beings died, I respect that, but it is up to those pro-war supporters to show respect for the 1000s of innocent children, women, elderly that will die in their homes thanx to our 5000 lb bombs landing on them.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Bungee
Why did you post in this thread?

Your disrespectful comments were not needed :mad:

Because i am entitled to my view and opinion about this bloody war the same as you are - if i wish to express them in here i will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom