OK Boot disk failure :(

Soldato
Hi all last night I set up a RAID 0 array.
Its was booting up in to it fine till I came to install the Motherboard drivers I installed the Nvidia sata controller drivers instead of the windows ones.

I have done this before on me old Abit nf7-s 2.0 and when I come to reboot I get boot disk failure.

Well I thought it will be ok on this setup Asus striker extreme as its new I installed drivers and on restart low and behold boot disk failure :( so is the nvidia controller drivers realy this bad?.

Ok I have a second hard drive and lucky if I set that one to boot up first in the bios I can then choose this drive or the raid 0 array and if I choose the raid 0 setup I can get into windows fine so it is just the MBR.

But why did the MBR get damaged just because I chose the Nvidia controller drivers.

Please help me get it so I can set the Raid 0 array as primary boot as I don't want the other hard drive in my pc realy im just lucky that I have got it in and I get the Raid 0 array up as a duel boot.

Edit

Just to add I cant see the raid 0 drives under my computer if I boot from the single drive but if I get in to the raid 0 OS install I can see all the drives.

Sorry if none of this makes sense :(

If I boot from the XP disk can I do a repair on the Raid 0 drives without risking that going bad?.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OK I give up I have put me win xp 32 bit cd in drive I boot from it but get no recovery option it goes straight to the format section?.

ok got to recovery screen fixed mbr still boot disk failure ffs nvidia are crap.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah I know I can do that but I really don't want to have to do that again.

I just cant see why it does it or is it just to me its happened to this time and once before.

Back
Top Bottom