1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old counter strike players?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by R0Z4G, Aug 18, 2009.

1. FeFiDoh

Sgarrista

Played it from the beta going back quite some way! Couldnt pick teams or anything back then. Was some great old maps though, shame i cant remember the names :(

2. Chandler_90

Mobster

I signed up to RedHotAnt too.. for 20 or 80 quid a year.. I cant remember..

Bloody amazing service for a yearly account!
    One m8 signed up 3 weeks before the company folded :o

3. GhostlyPea

Mobster

Started playing back at around 1.1 or something. My Steam ID when converted fro my WON ID is uber low, been offered money for it...there are some sad people out there.

- Pea0n

4. Delvis

Caporegime

odd, swear I've seen your name elsewhere randomly.

I never used to play with OcUK people though.

5. Ind3h!

Hitman

cs_siege
    cs_mansion
    cs_wpndepot
    cs_prison
    cs_assault
    cs_desert
    cs_tire
    cs_militia
    cs_hideout
    cs_ship
    cs_station
    de_nuke
    de_dust
    de_prodigy
    cs_docks
    cs_facility
    cs_backalley
    de_train
    de_nuke
    de_fang
    es_jail
    es_frantic
    as_oilrig
    as_riverside
    cs_747
    as_forest
    de_cbble
    de_aztec
    as_tundra
    cs_italy
    cs_office
    as_highrise
    cs_arabstreets
    de_foption
    de_vegas

Everything up to version one ;)

6. melipone1

Gangster

Started when you could zoom in with the colt, around beta 5.2 think it was, late 1999 or 2000. Used to love it but when Valve bought it it started going downhill..the guns started getting more random and they put stupid things in like shields. I quit around early retail I think. Used the name Melipone since around beta 6.5 but I probably changed it around a lot

Don't know why but they took out a load of fun maps. Not sure of the names, but they took a load of VIP maps out like the one where you had to escape in a snowy environment and get to a helicopter, or the jungle one with a waterfall (added when they first put in the Guerrilla model iirc and a new SIG rifle model), or the one with a speedboat that followed a river through the map. There was another fun game type as well where the terrorists had to escape to a certain part of the map..there was a map with a subway/train station with that game type iirc.

Now I play CSS and its OK but feels kind of like deathmatch sometimes with people running around spraying and getting random headshots.

Don't really like any other FPS's atm..want something competitive, tactical and difficult but not to the point where its no fun. TF2 doesn't feel like an FPS sometimes, more of a random number generator or a class vs class game. Its ok just gets boring very quickly for me. DOD:S is too random and seemed like a run and gun game. Loved the original DOD though when it was a mod for HL. COD games are too boring..no recoil and shallow gameplay (3 nades each? Dropping a nade when you die? COD have always been rubbish games imo, unless you play a modded "realism" server that adds recoil). Red Orchestra is great but i've played it to death. Hoping their new RO game RO2: Heroes of Stalingrad will get me interested again.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  7. marcus_667

Wise Guy

omfg i love oilrig :D

8. Viper²

Sgarrista

de_rock was probably my favourite map. Now I only play cs_office on CSS.

9. Delvis

Caporegime

So many good maps :(

Used to love playing in the beta days, me and a mate constantly played nearly every evening over the LAN with bots, good times :)

10. Biohazard

PermaBanned

Just seems like office and D2 on CSS sometimes. I miss 747 and a lot of them.

I still have it kicking about but I lost or seriously damaged one of the CD's so can't install anymore. :(

11. Delvis

Caporegime

Just download 1.6 or something.

12. Murney

Gangster

Used to play when I was about 14/15 till was about 18. Loved the game and played it 24/7.
    Used to play for a team called -uR- (UpRising) and Infusion.

Sirus was my alias!

13. Sone

Sgarrista

I started at beta 5.2 too, could never be bothered to DL it on slowdem so used to wait till it was on cover disks. So I went 5.2, 6.6 then 7.2 i think.

Fortuntly once it went retail far less updates to download

14. Weebull

Capodecina

Boosting people onto the roof on Arabstreets made me happy.

15. BoozerDawg

Wise Guy

:( *sniff sniff* variety how i miss you :(

16. AbsenceJam

Mobster

Beta 3.1. :)

17. Frapple

Mobster

Nuke was an insane map for matches, loved it. Separated the 'good at dust2' clans from the real players.

Inferno was probably my favourite - "I've got banana"

First time was on 1.3, got it on a PCGamer disk & was still on 56k - my lowest ever ping was 299.

18. BoozerDawg

Wise Guy

Anyone know any CS Source servers with full rotation (and please, no mods of any kind) ? Or is impossible :p

19. Delvis

Caporegime

Probably impossible :p

I might fire up a game against the bots just for a laugh.

20. linktoinsanity

Underboss

OcUK 2 rotates between Italy, Office, dust2, assault, aztec and tides at the moment and isn't modded at all. (Sourcemod is on there for admin purposes only). See this thread: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18044192 for more info on the ocuk css servers.

I could make it a full rotation, but I don't know who would want to play on maps such as de_port etc...

However I may add both de_nuke and de_inferno at some point if people want them.