1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old counter strike players?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by R0Z4G, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Delvis

Caporegime

Do themmmmmmm!!! Just so I know there are still people playing those maps even if I can't :(

2. BoozerDawg

Wise Guy

Il give it a bash, thanks :) It fill up often ? nuke and inferno would be great too.

3. Pee

Hitman

Tidy screenshot, 56k days ehh !

I feel a reunion coming

Enjoy!!!1

4. linktoinsanity

Underboss

It sometimes gets 16 players on when some people join. If you want to play on it, there are bots that leave as players join. (2 of them so once 2 humans are on there's no bots.)

Also feel free to tell friends etc, it's a pub server so anyone can join.

5. jonesy

Gangster

I started around beta 5.2! was called jonesy pretty much throughout, think I was about 14 when I first started and all I did was teamkill people cause my ping was so crap, then I got ISDN and it all changed!

anyone remember the clan B!TCH?

6. Muzy

Wise Guy

used to play alot under the name WG|superman, then moved to frag masters then to UKCS then to VIA clan and now playing CSS, not in clan anymore.

7. s-p

Hitman

I must admit, I do miss the old maps. Oilrig,Foption and Siege are ones that certainly bring back good memories. Even the likes of cs_Thunder, which in all truth was a pretty horrible map, still had a certain charm.

I'm probably just being nostalgic, but full map cycles were certainly more enjoyable than the constant mix of Dust2/Office. It's just a struggle to keep a server busy when running through less popular maps.

8. Stag

PermaBanned

You could open the gate and jump from the barrel to the gate to the roof, no boosting required. :D

9. afraser2k

Sgarrista

Nice to see some old names still around. :)

10. MotherMayI

Wise Guy

[DFC]Dragon from beta days here.. Dont remember OcUK server in particular though.

I also dont remember de_foption at all, which one was that?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  11. Wallace

Hitman

Heh some old names in this thread :D

jokin meh

12. Secret_Window

Mobster

yeah I remember them. I also remember cs-marines or [marine], and seeing their member b0b pwn the servers. Back in the day, he was one of the best UK cs players around. I remember reading in a PC Gamer magazine once, (when writers from the magazine would join the the PCG Server and play with the readers) and seeing this screenshot that had the scoreboard of cs_militia and b0b's score was like 50/5. In those days, I just couldn't believe it, I thought it was impossible. lol...

Then there were other times, where I would bump into a few players from 4Kings such as Liquid/Mangiacapra and get completely out aimed and just simply out played by him. I remember cursing, and trying to find ways to humiliate him on public, but I was only a n00b at the time so it was only natural.. :D

I used to play the dNC public server a lot too. There were a lot of pretty skilled players on there, and the dNC clan (who at the time were pretty good clan) used to come on and get some frags, which also gave everyone a bit of a challenge now and then.

Good times.

13. Chris C

Hitman

[UCO]Mav here, we used to play on wireplay anywhen from beta 3 onwards, we played B!TCH a few times bacl in the day, CSA, ECSF, some euro leagues before it really took off in pro gamer fashion

14. rexehuk

Mobster

Rex_Mundi / Rexeh was my game name. Played since the betas and took it up properly since 1.5

15. baked188

PermaBanned

tiesto826 was my name havnt played for a couple years thou.

16. Wayn0r

Soldato

Legend Pee.

bs.surg^ / Wayn0r here ;)

17. bledd

Don

how's it going mate, long time no see, I remember Adam (Mr Stuart) moved in with you for a bit, strange thing to remember but hey :), and now he's off travelling the world..

until December 2006, I was 'cky2k' on here, but a lot of people confused me with that idiot 'cykey' so I requested a name change

and Wayn0r, I remember you telling me about breaking both of your wrists in motorcross :0

18. Kona*

Wise Guy

Heh - I remember marines, b0b and dNC :) In fact we (Cold Fusion) played dNC in one of the league finals back in the day, can't remember which league though. The final at i6/i7/i8 (can't remember which) between us (SLDR) and 4Kings was epic - much tension between both sides, I can't remember if Liquid or Mangiacapra played in that match but they were both very good players.

I fired up CS:S for the first time in over a year last night and thoroughly enjoyed it - I can't let it take over my life again though :p I might install 1.6 and see what it's like these days - I still remember the first time I managed to hit 100FPS in CS, it was on oilrig with a brand new Nvidia Riva TNT2 32mb - cost me all my pocket money did that card :D

I remember you o/

19. McMav

Mobster

So many names so many n00bs :D

20. Delvis

Caporegime

No idea, I meant I may have seen your name in CS at some point not sure though, could have been anyone.

Although my name was Opul in CS, not delvis.