Old Desktop Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Originally posted by MagicBoy
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I just wish IBM would fit a damn Windows key - probly the best non-gaming laptop you can get otherwise.

I do miss a Windows key - It's missing because at one point IBM were bundling Linux with their laptops.

Originally posted by Drak_nyen
They just use the same chassis and keyboard design and just change the guts.

Yeah - that's what I like about the IBM notebooks (I've had 2 now) - The keyboard and the screen are both absolutely superb! :)

Soldato
Updated pics from me.

My PC rooms just been fully redecorated, new desks, and a great deal of cable tidying!
Somewhere, hidden away, are cat5's for these two machines and the four up in the loft,
all the mains wiring, 6.1 speaker cables, and USB stuff.

Still some finishing touches to do, and I'm saving hard for a 21" TFT to free up some more desk space!

Now this is nearly done, I think it's time I got my cases modded!

Click for 300K versions, more pics here

Associate
Heres my desktop pics, desk is very ugly! i blame the halls im in :D

haydnspc_destop.JPG

haydnspc_desktop_2.JPG

My videologic Swoofer:

haydnspc_sub.JPG

Last edited:
Associate
:eek:

just asked jeeves and found a place flogging them for £1449

ouch! they are having a laugh! :rolleyes:

i think ill wait and get the Evesham voyager xii centrino when finances allow.

or ebay :p

Last edited:
Associate
Originally posted by Rigsta
Already posted in the case gallery but what the heck, here's me bedroom setup:

Rigsta-6401fullnoflash.jpg

And the other type of desktop:

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Rigsta-Desktop_14_12_03.jpg

(linked because of image size)

Yup, I like that desktop look so much that I've kept it this long :D (note the date on the picture)

ur desktop pic with the 'ascii art' is superb!

your shelves are also, extremely tidy!

and what is the deal with that HUGE clock?!

Associate
Woo, someone's interested :p

I *think* I got that desktop pic from deviantart.com, and the system stats are provided by coolmon, with the motherboard monitor dll providing the CPU/MB temps + fan speeds. It took a couple of hours to make it all fit like it does there (ie. selecting what stats to display and inserting all those bloody characters).

Google for TCM_circuit.jpg and you may find it. The theme I'm using there is Chaninja's XP theme... which can replace pretty much every visual aspect of XP, including icons, cursors and file copy/move animations, and the IE throbber :cool:

The clock is meant to be hanging on a wall. I think the LCD display looks great on a big clock, and the alarm bleeper is much more pleasant than my old radio alarm so I just have it standing on it's little legs. It was a display model in the Gadget Shop so I got it for a tenner :D Thinking of replacing it with a nice metallic one though... but PC bits first.

The shelves, lol. Need to get some of those CDRs into a folder, the top 2 shelves are rather less tidy.

P J

P J

Permabanned
What's with all these super tidy set up piccys?

How come there ain't any messy systems posted?Ultra tidy systems don't look right - mobile phone chargers and remote controls placed in perfect alignment with a cordless mouse and tft?

Don't tell me i'm the only bloke here with empty drink cans and other mess spluttered all over the place?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Originally posted by P J
What's with all these super tidy set up piccys?

How come there ain't any messy systems posted?Ultra tidy systems don't look right - mobile phone chargers and remote controls placed in perfect alignment with a cordless mouse and tft?

Don't tell me i'm the only bloke here with empty drink cans and other mess spluttered all over the place?

not the only one mate, mine is constantly awful too
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom