OLD SKOOL CS PLAYERS (1.3-1.6)

Associate
That site takes me back! I can remember all those old teams and names like it was yesterday.

I was in 6K for a little while but not Lastchance. Was in M2S back in the early days of Wireplay/Barrysworld with Stoney Strider KingKiller Brim Bom, I remember Bom(BombayRoll) being amazing. I swear I was in 4D too at one point, I was in so many teams

Yeh he was one of the best UK players, he went by the name of Liquid before that
BOM played for me in a Lan at Nottingham and 2 friends from 4d we got a third place .
I then joined m2s and BOM left to join d2c .
Richard Lewis was in d2c now eSports commentator

Associate
Does anyone remember the first World Cyber Games which took place in Notts? It was 1.6 era. I played with a team called RATM (yes after the band!) and came third - I think the winners were Noc* (Nocturne) I think from memory.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone remember the first World Cyber Games which took place in Notts? It was 1.6 era. I p[played with a team called RATM (yes after the band!) and came third - I think the winners were Noc* (Nocturne) I think from memory.
I do vaguely but do long ago I know my friends did a few CPL qualifiers

Associate
Had a clan called Xistance back in the day, the players i remember were Grav1ty, Grim, KurSe and GarRpY (CS wasn't his main game but was still awesome).

We weren't all that serious but could hold our own against teams like twisted reality and 6 kittens.

Last edited:
Soldato
1.3 will always been my favourite partly for the bunny hopping.

I had my best clan days in that version. 1.6 is when I started to stop playing.

I recently tried CS2 but couldn’t really get into it

Soldato
I played from very late Beta, really got hooked from 1.0 onwards! Literally ruined my GCSE's because of it!
Same here...early Beta player

Cost me better GCSEs and certainly messed up A-levels...probably TFC here as well caused issues :D

Played for a few teams, pretty high level at the time, i events, cpl quals etc. Hard to think of the most well known, probably Legend.

The first i-event i went to was i10!

Fond memories :)

Some names I do recognise in this thread.

Last edited:
Associate
Same here...early Beta player

Cost me better GCSEs and certainly messed up A-levels...probably TFC here as well caused issues :D

Played for a few teams, pretty high level at the time, i events, cpl quals etc. Hard to think of the most well known, probably Legend.

The first i-event i went to was i10!

Fond memories :)

Some names I do recognise in this thread.
TFC.. that brings back fond memories of being hammered by =BC= and [DW]... Great mod though spent far too much time mastering the conq jumps etc

Associate
Wow - was just talking to my old team mates, reminiscing about the good old 1.6 days, sadly forgotten a lot of it! Thought I'd start to try gather any information / photos from the web about the fun times, stumbled across this thread and the memories are starting to flood back! Still can't remember half our LANS we attended...

Stumbled across our what I believe was our first or third LAN, some photos: ESR - (Archive) The IT-Centre Northampton (esreality.com) - It's got a few names people might remember there.

I'm gonna keep digging!

Righteous
clanONE
No idea how I stumbled across this thread which is active in 2024 lol

Righteous.ONE, now that's a name I recognize like it was yesterday, although you likely won't remember me, it was a long ass time ago!

There's a lot of familiar players/clan's in this thread, blast from the past, I played as a very young kid from the beta's upto 1.6 in my late teens, such good times!

Would be really cool for reminiscing purposes to see what players and teams can be remembered, even with some info if there is any, guess most of those guys would be 35yo+ now lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember playing pcws for so many different clans around cs 1.4-1.5 era. But my favourite times were playing beta 6.6, 1.1, and 1.3.

I remember also playing on the meatyballs.net and barrysworld servers, which was great fun.

There is a group of players that plays cs beta 6.1 every Friday evening on a UK server. I haven't really been able to try this yet, but looks like fun: https://www.facebook.com/groups/csbeta6

I can't really get into CS2.

Back
Top Bottom