OLD SKOOL CS PLAYERS (1.3-1.6)

Man of Honour
I remember playing pcws for so many different clans around cs 1.4-1.5 era. But my favourite times were playing beta 6.6, 1.1, and 1.3.

I remember also playing on the meatyballs.net and barrysworld servers, which was great fun.

There is a group of players that plays cs beta 6.1 every Friday evening on a UK server. I haven't really been able to try this yet, but looks like fun: https://www.facebook.com/groups/csbeta6

I can't really get into CS2.
I was in meatyballs clan :)

Here's a pic of our old server stack :D

mb-server.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I was in meatyballs clan :)

Here's a pic of our old server stack :D

mb-server.jpg
I had many a good time on that!

I kind of remember you from MIRC I think, I used to linger in the channel quite a bit, The Duke or Dukey rings a bell anyway? Some of your guys used to be in our room and sometimes our server too, Newds and G8cr4sher were two I remember, Newds having some rather cruel AWP skills, G8 used to be a match arranger didn't he? May be the wrong clan but also a Scottish guy called Any used to be in MB too I think.

Good days spent with a good bunch of people.

Man of Honour
I had many a good time on that!

I kind of remember you from MIRC I think, I used to linger in the channel quite a bit, The Duke or Dukey rings a bell anyway? Some of your guys used to be in our room and sometimes our server too, Newds and G8cr4sher were two I remember, Newds having some rather cruel AWP skills, G8 used to be a match arranger didn't he? May be the wrong clan but also a Scottish guy called Any used to be in MB too I think.

Good days spent with a good bunch of people.
Yeah in mIRC and things was either Duke` or Dukeh or Dukey, depends whats taken :) Yeah I remember those names too and yeah G8 used to arrange matches, I think he was from Netherlands. Yep and 'any' used to carry us a bit sometimes :D

Soldato
It'd be cool if anyone had any demos from playing on the old barrysworld/wireplay/pc gamer/meatyballs servers. It can be clan matches or playing public, it doesn't mater.

I used to have loads of old demos from different people from those years, but I no longer have them anymore. I remember players like any and KhAos being top fraggers on meatyballs. I used to also remember seeing barely-legal on pc gamer and some of the fightclubclan on there.

Soldato
It'd be cool if anyone had any demos from playing on the old barrysworld/wireplay/pc gamer/meatyballs servers. It can be clan matches or playing public, it doesn't mater.

I used to have loads of old demos from different people from those years, but I no longer have them anymore. I remember players like any and KhAos being top fraggers on meatyballs. I used to also remember seeing barely-legal on pc gamer and some of the fightclubclan on there.
I loved watching demos, I always used to ask for the other teams demos after a match, really good way of stealing learning new strats. I think I dumped all of mine when I got rid of my old DVD's.

Associate
No idea how I stumbled across this thread which is active in 2024 lol

Righteous.ONE, now that's a name I recognize like it was yesterday, although you likely won't remember me, it was a long ass time ago!

There's a lot of familiar players/clan's in this thread, blast from the past, I played as a very young kid from the beta's upto 1.6 in my late teens, such good times!

Would be really cool for reminiscing purposes to see what players and teams can be remembered, even with some info if there is any, guess most of those guys would be 35yo+ now lol

Jenuwin of virtuoso and 4kings fame? Surely most people will remember you! I have a feeling before your virtuoso days you played in a team with sae (Mike) and another guy I used to play with (I think he was called Will, but can't remember his alias).

Associate
Jenuwin of virtuoso and 4kings fame? Surely most people will remember you! I have a feeling before your virtuoso days you played in a team with sae (Mike) and another guy I used to play with (I think he was called Will, but can't remember his alias).
Yeh that’s me, been out of the scene since like 2009 but find myself heading down memory lane from time to time lol

Umm the alias sae is familiar but don’t remember if I was on a team with him? Was he an old school Quake player? I think the team might have been Rise, we won a moongames event and I performed really well which is how I ended up joining Virtuoso

I remember playing with a dude called Will, he used a lot of different alias’ from memory, Remedyz and swy are the 2 I remember though

Damn that was a long time ago haha, what teams were you on?

Associate
Yeh that’s me, been out of the scene since like 2009 but find myself heading down memory lane from time to time lol

Umm the alias sae is familiar but don’t remember if I was on a team with him? Was he an old school Quake player? I think the team might have been Rise, we won a moongames event and I performed really well which is how I ended up joining Virtuoso

I remember playing with a dude called Will, he used a lot of different alias’ from memory, Remedyz and swy are the 2 I remember though

Damn that was a long time ago haha, what teams were you on?

Remedyz! That was the one. Not a clue when or what team it would have been but I definitely played with him at some point, long time ago. He was a decent player from what I remember.

Yeah I think sae did play quake and yeah it would have been Rize - I played for them for a bit too (before you did I guess).

I didn't really play in many 'proper' teams, joined Rize when I was pretty young cos my brother played for them, then after that I mainly just played with mates in mixes and gathers etc. Eventually a group of us formed the team jogon, and that's who I played with from then on really.

Stumbled across this thread because I was reminiscing about old school UK CS the other day.

Associate
Remedyz! That was the one. Not a clue when or what team it would have been but I definitely played with him at some point, long time ago. He was a decent player from what I remember.

Yeah I think sae did play quake and yeah it would have been Rize - I played for them for a bit too (before you did I guess).

I didn't really play in many 'proper' teams, joined Rize when I was pretty young cos my brother played for them, then after that I mainly just played with mates in mixes and gathers etc. Eventually a group of us formed the team jogon, and that's who I played with from then on really.

Stumbled across this thread because I was reminiscing about old school UK CS the other day.
Will Whittaker, I remember him well, he was a cool dude. We played in a lot of different teams together but I can’t really remember the names of them, they were more of a mix/online cup teams, he was a really good player with kind of a unique style, he’d get some crazy highlight clips. He had an IRL mate called Jay don’t know if you knew him?

Since you mentioned it I do remember sae, I think he used “Ultra” as his alias at some point, he was quite a bit older than me as I was a young teenager when I was on Rize. I’m trying to remember the moongames lineup, sae, con, myself, but I cant remember the last 2 dudes, any ideas?

Who was your brother?

Haha I definitely remember jogon, was “berners” your alias? Because it seems vaguely familiar but maybe I’m just grasping lol

Yeh man that’s basically how I ended up here too, trip down memory lane, I played with a lot of different players/teams and it’s pretty vague I can’t put it into chronological order, but looking back it was a really ******* fun time.

You play any FPS these days?

Associate
Will Whittaker, I remember him well, he was a cool dude. We played in a lot of different teams together but I can’t really remember the names of them, they were more of a mix/online cup teams, he was a really good player with kind of a unique style, he’d get some crazy highlight clips. He had an IRL mate called Jay don’t know if you knew him?

Since you mentioned it I do remember sae, I think he used “Ultra” as his alias at some point, he was quite a bit older than me as I was a young teenager when I was on Rize. I’m trying to remember the moongames lineup, sae, con, myself, but I cant remember the last 2 dudes, any ideas?

Who was your brother?

Haha I definitely remember jogon, was “berners” your alias? Because it seems vaguely familiar but maybe I’m just grasping lol

Yeh man that’s basically how I ended up here too, trip down memory lane, I played with a lot of different players/teams and it’s pretty vague I can’t put it into chronological order, but looking back it was a really ******* fun time.

You play any FPS these days?
Na, I didn't know a Jay. I can't help on the moongames lineup either, haven't got a clue tbh, but 'con' certainly rings a bell and you're right about sae being called 'Ultra' - I vaguely remember that now.

My brother was turgidmonkey - I'd be very surprised if you knew him, he kept an even lower profile than I did and he stopped playing quite early. I used to be just bern / berned in the old days, then eventually became berners in later years.

We played with so many different players through the jogon years. I think we originally formed around 2005/06 and played on well into CSGO. Some random names you might know: RoyBacon(old days alias was Stealth), c0dec, ironmonkey, Elite33, Eagle, MCG(goddeh), madSpunk, Song, wute, redH, steveoh, punt, sorted.

Good times indeed man! I really miss those early innocent years when I was a little kid first discovering the game - I used to have to share a PC with my brother (which basically meant I mostly sat and watched him play), so to get in as many hours as possible I would wake up stupidly early before school just so I could run around on a public server for an hour or so.

I don't play much these days, but I was still playing CS on and off up until a few years ago. You'd be surprised how many oldschool players are still playing here and there - I bet your old virtuoso boys are still knocking about somewhere.

Associate
Na, I didn't know a Jay. I can't help on the moongames lineup either, haven't got a clue tbh, but 'con' certainly rings a bell and you're right about sae being called 'Ultra' - I vaguely remember that now.

My brother was turgidmonkey - I'd be very surprised if you knew him, he kept an even lower profile than I did and he stopped playing quite early. I used to be just bern / berned in the old days, then eventually became berners in later years.

We played with so many different players through the jogon years. I think we originally formed around 2005/06 and played on well into CSGO. Some random names you might know: RoyBacon(old days alias was Stealth), c0dec, ironmonkey, Elite33, Eagle, MCG(goddeh), madSpunk, Song, wute, redH, steveoh, punt, sorted.

Good times indeed man! I really miss those early innocent years when I was a little kid first discovering the game - I used to have to share a PC with my brother (which basically meant I mostly sat and watched him play), so to get in as many hours as possible I would wake up stupidly early before school just so I could run around on a public server for an hour or so.

I don't play much these days, but I was still playing CS on and off up until a few years ago. You'd be surprised how many oldschool players are still playing here and there - I bet your old virtuoso boys are still knocking about somewhere.
Yeh con had been kicking around in the scene for a while

Haha I recognise a lot of those names, madSpunK joined our virt/4K lineup after one of the guys quit, went to an InfinityGames event with him, Song was a beast & RedHerring was really good on AcM(?)

Gotta do what you gotta do to get in an hour of CS lol, yeh pretty cool trip down memory lane man

I have 4 of the old virt/4K lads on Facebook but we haven’t spoken in moons, pretty sure a few of them still catch up together. I’m not in the UK anymore so no chance of that for me

Might have to check out some CS2 haha

Associate
Yeh con had been kicking around in the scene for a while

Haha I recognise a lot of those names, madSpunK joined our virt/4K lineup after one of the guys quit, went to an InfinityGames event with him, Song was a beast & RedHerring was really good on AcM(?)

Gotta do what you gotta do to get in an hour of CS lol, yeh pretty cool trip down memory lane man

I have 4 of the old virt/4K lads on Facebook but we haven’t spoken in moons, pretty sure a few of them still catch up together. I’m not in the UK anymore so no chance of that for me

Might have to check out some CS2 haha
Yeah do it man, I haven't played much CS2 but it seems like a decent game. Did you not play CSGO at all then? The leap from 1.6 to CS2 might be a big one hah.

Associate
Yeah do it man, I haven't played much CS2 but it seems like a decent game. Did you not play CSGO at all then? The leap from 1.6 to CS2 might be a big one hah.
I tried CSGO like 8 years ago but only played probably 20-30 hours, it was way different to 1.6 I didn’t really vibe it. I’ve always loosely followed the pro scene though so not completely out of the loop but yeh it’s a pretty massive leap lol

I played some CS2, it was a good laugh, the casual mode makes it easy to jump in and out which is cool, was nostalgic af running around Office and Italy again, haven’t played those maps since I was a young teenager haha

Soldato
#bringbackoilrig
I remember playing it and everyone except me seemed to know the map, I was getting shot from all angles and didn't even see anyone.

It was kind of like 747, so many sneaky places, people killed me and I still didn't know where they were.....I still wouldn't.

Man of Honour
I remember playing it and everyone except me seemed to know the map, I was getting shot from all angles and didn't even see anyone.

It was kind of like 747, so many sneaky places, people killed me and I still didn't know where they were.....I still wouldn't.
747 was easy when running down the aisle with the auto shotty as you could shoot through the curtains :cry:

Recognise most of these old maps - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/remembering-counter-strikes-forgotten-beta-maps

Back
Top Bottom