Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Guess this is acceptable for a "business" these days....
  • Worst lose to Liverpool since 1925
  • 3 years of management and zero trophies
  • 1 clean sheet in 21 games - worst run in clubs 124 year history.
  • First time ever United have been 4-0 down at half time in premier league history
  • No Man Utd player managed more than 1 tackle yesterday
But just carry on Ole - we're happy with you says the board.....

Pathetic. Top to bottom the club needs a serious clear out of deadwood.

Said it before - wholesale clear out needed....

Bailly, Jones, Mata, Lingard, Fred, Matic, Martial... Get rid. Pogba has been embarrassing since he came back to the club... (should never have been brought back anyway).

Probably the first time in 40 years of supporting United that I am genuine lost as a fan.... It's a horror show at the moment and with zero leadership from the manager and the board, no obvious "tactics"/ structure to the side when they play either.

Horrible and depressing time at the moment - I dare any United fan who still believes Ole is the man to take us forward to make a case for it. It's a joke he's still in a job this morning.

Not really sure why he's not resigned if I'm honest....It's an embarrassment to still try and claim " I do believe in myself, I am getting close" - Close to the sack? Close to what exactly.

Soldato
OP
Biggest thing I just can't wrap my head around is team was battered on Wednesday night that first half, got lucky by throwing the kitchen sink at them in the 2nd half and won.

He plays the same team again against a far better side in Liverpool and thinks that's acceptable..... He seems to refuse to play VDB, Sancho as something different....

Lingard won't play ahead of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Martial (if fit), Rashford, Cavani, Bruno etc - Hence why he should have left in the summer.

I don't think they will offer Pogba another contract again - he'll refuse anyway and leave on a free again.

Soldato
OP
Just for the record - I didn't start this thread....

A mod must have moved my post and started this thread. My post was originally in the Man United Club thread...seems bizarre to start another thread.....

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure I want Conte at United simply because I don't think he would come in just for the season and I don't want him long term. Hes undoubtably a great manager but I think he is Mourinho lite up to a point. He doesn't suffer the modern footballer who thinks they are bigger that the club and more important than the collective.

Same question - who do you want?

I don't think Zidane is the answer, not Conte. Pochettino is a mess at PSG. Rodgers ?? No idea myself.

Ronaldo is 20/1 to be next manager.

Bizarrely whilst I was posting this Conte has gone from 6/1 to 4/1 on Paddy Power -

Soldato
OP
I don't think Solskjaer has done that bad over the last couple of seasons. He's not top drawer tactically, but frankly, neither was Ferguson, but they're both good man managers, which at a club that spends like Man Utd and therefore for most games fields better players, is often enough.

Sorry what?!?

Exactly what has Ole done in 3 years at United NOT to be classed as a failure.... Won nothing, overall bar some early "stability" after Jose, the team has gone backwards. That's not through a lack of quality players - the squad is full of quality players (except DM) - so the issue has to lie with the coaching / tactics / management of those players.

Ole isn't a man manager, he's barely a manager. He got the job to steady the ship, did that and was expected to move on. Poch was who was supposed to come in after Spurs got rid of him but as soon as the PSG job came up - that was off and Ole was staying. He's cheap (in costs terms for United), but he's been found massively lacking in every other part of management. The "old boys" coaching team is lacking (Carrick, Phelan etc) - Even having Fletcher as Technical Director is ridiculous.

Soldato
OP
To be honest I'm not sure.

I would like a Director of Football brought in, such as Rangnick, and then let him look into the manager situation and devise a path forward. All very unlikely though.

Ten Hag might be good, but are we suddenly going to end up playing an Ajax style? I'm not so sure it would work that easily.

Rodgers is OK but with the Liverpool connection and the fact he's been a bit dodgy of late, not perhaps ideal.

Conte works in a lot of ways, though he's not the most exciting manager, but if we win nobody will care that much. I think he would push back against the board, which is good but also may create issues.

Marco Rose is very good but will he leave Dortmund at the moment, probably not.

Potter has worked wonders on the pitch at Brighton, but in comparison there's virtually zero pressure. Would be an interesting experiment...

Pochettino I always wanted but he'll be at PSG for a while now, perhaps in a few years.

Zidane I would take, caretaker would be perfect to see how it goes. Difficult to define his style, but what he did at Madrid was impressive.

can't argue with anything you've posted above - sums up my thoughts pretty much.

Soldato
OP
Behave Adam - the world's moved on since the Fergie days. Top managers ARE top coaches AND top leaders.

CDM was the problem last week. Ronaldo this week. You were foaming at the mouth when he signed.

All excuses for the absolute ineptitude of Solskjaer. It was clear as day the minute he took over this was going to be a car crash. All this "the united way" crap.... Football evolves and clubs need to along with it.

100% agree

Ole was the man to steady the ship after Jose.... He did that well. However that was as far as it should have gone.

He was NEVER the man to take United forward, he doesn't have the experience to manage at this level yet.... 250 odd games managing Molde and 30 at Cardiff....

Just like Lampard at Chelsea - did a decent job for 6-9 months till you get your long term appointment and move him on.

This is not me saying he should go after yesterday, I've said it consistently for months and months now - zero progression, refuses to change despite obvious problems.

Utterly bizarre if he's still in charge at the weekend. And his comments yesterday are just ridiculous - it's literally like watching a car crash in slow motion.....It's not a knee jerk reaction to yesterday, it needs to be sorted immediately.

Soldato
OP
And again..................

Literally the same performance as the home game against Atlanta....Dug out of a hole again by the Worlds greatest player....

Spurs result aside, another horrendously pathetic display from United tonight....Looks utterly devoid of any shape/structure. Utterly inept again. Pogba should just go in January, awful performance from him again tonight. McGuire is getting worse and worse week on week...

The only reason Ole still in a job is the fact Conte has a job now, and Ronaldo has dug him out again.

City will put 4 or 5 past United at the weekend....

Soldato
OP
Personally thought his subs were poor.

Pogba > VDB
McTominay > Matic

To be fair - VDB did more in his sub apperance that pogba did from the start. I don't get this situation of chasing Sancho for nearly 3 years, paying £75 million for him and then not playing him....

Soldato
OP
I'm in two minds - I dread the thought of a caretaker (carrick, blanc etc) for 6-7 months to the end of the season. Carrick isn't going to shake things up in any way shape or form. It's a LONG way to the end of the season to just "drift" along with a caretaker manager and could cause some very serious issues with players / league position / lack of champions league football etc.

On the other side - I'm not totally convinced about Poch.... I don't know what it is but just something that doesn't appeal to me about him.

Personally I would take the "risk" and go pay whatever is needed and get Ten Hag.... I know he said he's not leaving mid season but money talks most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom