Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Guess this is acceptable for a "business" these days....
  • Worst lose to Liverpool since 1925
  • 3 years of management and zero trophies
  • 1 clean sheet in 21 games - worst run in clubs 124 year history.
  • First time ever United have been 4-0 down at half time in premier league history
  • No Man Utd player managed more than 1 tackle yesterday
But just carry on Ole - we're happy with you says the board.....

Pathetic. Top to bottom the club needs a serious clear out of deadwood.

Said it before - wholesale clear out needed....

Bailly, Jones, Mata, Lingard, Fred, Matic, Martial... Get rid. Pogba has been embarrassing since he came back to the club... (should never have been brought back anyway).

Probably the first time in 40 years of supporting United that I am genuine lost as a fan.... It's a horror show at the moment and with zero leadership from the manager and the board, no obvious "tactics"/ structure to the side when they play either.

Horrible and depressing time at the moment - I dare any United fan who still believes Ole is the man to take us forward to make a case for it. It's a joke he's still in a job this morning.

Not really sure why he's not resigned if I'm honest....It's an embarrassment to still try and claim " I do believe in myself, I am getting close" - Close to the sack? Close to what exactly.

Soldato
Guess this is acceptable for a "business" these days....
  • Worst lose to Liverpool since 1925
  • 3 years of management and zero trophies
  • 1 clean sheet in 21 games - worst run in clubs 124 year history.
  • First time ever United have been 4-0 down at half time in premier league history
  • No Man Utd player managed more than 1 tackle yesterday
But just carry on Ole - we're happy with you says the board.....

Pathetic. Top to bottom the club needs a serious clear out of deadwood.

Said it before - wholesale clear out needed....

Bailly, Jones, Mata, Lingard, Fred, Matic, Martial... Get rid. Pogba has been embarrassing since he came back to the club... (should never have been brought back anyway).

Probably the first time in 40 years of supporting United that I am genuine lost as a fan.... It's a horror show at the moment and with zero leadership from the manager and the board, no obvious "tactics"/ structure to the side when they play either.

Horrible and depressing time at the moment - I dare any United fan who still believes Ole is the man to take us forward to make a case for it. It's a joke he's still in a job this morning.

Not really sure why he's not resigned if I'm honest....It's an embarrassment to still try and claim " I do believe in myself, I am getting close" - Close to the sack? Close to what exactly.

Bit harsh on Lingard....he's been one of the rare highlights this season when he has had a chance...I'd keep him, good having someone in the squad with a point to prove and performing well.

Soldato
I agree he's done ok, but he's another played in the same mould as a lot of others and there's not much benefit keeping him. Problem with a lot of the others is they've just been offered new contracts in the typical United way and so there's no chance of getting rid of them.
I expect they'll keep increasing Pogbas offer until it's too high for him to refuse to, because that's just how we work!

Soldato
OP
Biggest thing I just can't wrap my head around is team was battered on Wednesday night that first half, got lucky by throwing the kitchen sink at them in the 2nd half and won.

He plays the same team again against a far better side in Liverpool and thinks that's acceptable..... He seems to refuse to play VDB, Sancho as something different....

Lingard won't play ahead of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Martial (if fit), Rashford, Cavani, Bruno etc - Hence why he should have left in the summer.

I don't think they will offer Pogba another contract again - he'll refuse anyway and leave on a free again.

Soldato
OP
Just for the record - I didn't start this thread....

A mod must have moved my post and started this thread. My post was originally in the Man United Club thread...seems bizarre to start another thread.....

Soldato
I think it's more a case of letting man utd fans moan about the 4th best manager in the premier League getting the sack

Last edited:
Don
Just for the record - I didn't start this thread....

A mod must have moved my post and started this thread. My post was originally in the Man United Club thread...seems bizarre to start another thread.....
Yes, I started it and made that clear in the spoilers thread. As per the rules of club threads anything that's more than a minor news story should go in it's own thread. Discussion around Ole's future is going to be a big talking point for the next few days if not weeks so it should go in it's own thread.

Man of Honour
My view (as I've said many times since 2019) is that he's a woeful manager, surrounded by an equally woeful coaching team. I've given him a few chances - and there have been some decent moments - but the reality is that he's just not very good. I don't think any big league club side in Europe would want him which is incredibly damning.

The squad gets better, the football stays the same/gets worse. Our squad may be somewhat imbalanced, but our stats are among the worst in the league defensively. You have to laugh.

From this point on, the longer he stays, the more damage is done to his reputation. A honourable man who "loves the club" would fall on his sword and acknowledge he's massively out of his depth, but he won't do that; there is no honour in football when it comes to money.

He has to go. ASAP.

fez

fez

Caporegime
A honourable man who "loves the club" would fall on his sword and acknowledge he's massively out of his depth, but he won't do that; there is no honour in football when it comes to money.

He has to go. ASAP.

I'm not sure that makes much sense. Its been apparent to plenty of us that Ole is useless from about 3 months in. Hes not suddenly going to give up and accept his limitations simply because we got battered. Yesterdays beating has been coming since the first day of the season. Every gave me **** because I said we are a mess even when we were near the top of the league and results were OK. Nothing has really changed, we just played a good team.

Anyone who thinks Ole is going to leave of his own accord is delusional. If he was going to give up he would have done it at some point already. Hes here until he gets the boot. Also "we are so close" to something special so I can't wait for the big reveal.

Man of Honour
Oh I know he won't, and nor do I expect him to, but it would make a change wouldn't it.

It's a bit sad when you feel like a loss is a good result as it will make his position completely untenable, even more so than it is now.

Soldato
14th? Who is worse than him?
Meant 4th, and it was more of a sly dig at some man u fans here stating only Klopp, Guardiola and Tuchel are better than him - think it was the post match after Atlanta or Leicester I stated that every other manager bar Bruce would pick up the more points over the course of a season than ole. I think it's amazing how people were still backing him prior to the game yesterday and it's even more astonishing that he is still getting backed. I hope the guy is never sacked, he's a joke of a manager, completely out of his depth.

Watching Neville tie himself in knots trying to make excuses for recent performances was mind blowing. I can see man city going there in a few games and getting double figures.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Meant 4th, and it was more of a sly dig at some man u fans here stating only Klopp, Guardiola and Tuchel are better than him - think it was the post match after Atlanta or Leicester I stated that every other manager bar Bruce would pick up the more points over the course of a season than ole. I think it's amazing how people were still backing him prior to the game yesterday and it's even more astonishing that he is still getting backed. I hope the guy is never sacked, he's a joke of a manager, completely out of his depth.

Its just another argument that fans use to convince themselves that we couldn't do better. "We can't have the very best so whats the point in changing". Ignoring the fact that Klopp was not the best in the world before Liverpool. Tuchel had "failed" at PSG. Bayern just picked up Nagelsmann despite him never winning the CL or Bundasliga (who would have thought you could pick a manager who hasn't won something and it be a good decision eh).

As you say, almost any manager would do a better job than Ole as long as they don't come at the job with the attitude Moyes did. Yes, some managers are not suited to top jobs but thats usually a mentality issue which is quite plain to see.

Permabanned
It was said in the thread yesterday and I agree that I don't think they could sack him just yet even if they wanted to. The next three games are too big to bring in fresh management, especially when you take into account the fact they'd need to gut the coaching staff as well. I think if it where going to happen they'd need to wait for a little breathing space between fixtures at the very least.

(Just had a look and it looks as though it's actually the next 5 games that are going to be tough ones, assuming they'll trounce Watford...)

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm not sure I want Conte at United simply because I don't think he would come in just for the season and I don't want him long term. Hes undoubtably a great manager but I think he is Mourinho lite up to a point. He doesn't suffer the modern footballer who thinks they are bigger that the club and more important than the collective.

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure I want Conte at United simply because I don't think he would come in just for the season and I don't want him long term. Hes undoubtably a great manager but I think he is Mourinho lite up to a point. He doesn't suffer the modern footballer who thinks they are bigger that the club and more important than the collective.

Same question - who do you want?

I don't think Zidane is the answer, not Conte. Pochettino is a mess at PSG. Rodgers ?? No idea myself.

Ronaldo is 20/1 to be next manager.

Bizarrely whilst I was posting this Conte has gone from 6/1 to 4/1 on Paddy Power -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom