Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think that's the thing, on paper points wise we're not a million miles off top 4 but two things 1) everyone there or there about haven't been consistent except Chelsea and Liverpool and 2) based on current performances I don't see us closing any gaps, rather I see that gap getting bigger.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say our 2nd spot finish last season was massively in part to Chelsea having Lampard as manager (Tuchel completely transformed them) and Liverpool also had an incredible end to the season after being injury ridden.

Is Ole awful in every single element of management? I don't believe so, he has some qualities but I don't think he has what we need to make us into title contenders, not that I think the squad is good enough to win a title due to our CDM situation.

I don't think Conte would have been the long term answer and I wouldn't have any qualms in brining someone in like that if it meant keeping top four in the short term, but only if there was a longer term plan in the background.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I had forgotten about this...wonder if he is tactically astute as well as highly motivational.

I would be surprised if Ronaldo makes a good manager. Would expect too much from his players and I don't think he would know how to motivate players as his personal motivation is so high. The best people in any field are quite often not the best managers or teachers.

Playing the game at a reasonably high level is useful for a manager IMO but after a certain point I don't think its that beneficial at all and other factors are far far more important.

Soldato
I would be surprised if Ronaldo makes a good manager. Would expect too much from his players and I don't think he would know how to motivate players as his personal motivation is so high. The best people in any field are quite often not the best managers or teachers.

Playing the game at a reasonably high level is useful for a manager IMO but after a certain point I don't think its that beneficial at all and other factors are far far more important.

You are saying Ronaldo won't be any good at motivating a squad because hes is highly motivated himself?? lol.. If someone loves their job/project/hobby etc and highly motivated they transmit that motivation to their students in the way of training that job/project/hobby. I used to be a trainer for Morrisons, meat and fish, I loved the trade and was very highly motivated. I passed my knowledge in training sessions whilst carrying out this training highly motivated. This effected the new staff in positive ways, I made training fun and easy to learn. All good managers/trainers etc are highly motivated and will have a good squad/team/group of staff.

fez

fez

Caporegime
You are saying Ronaldo won't be any good at motivating a squad because hes is highly motivated himself?? lol.. If someone loves their job/project/hobby etc and highly motivated they transmit that motivation to their students in the way of training that job/project/hobby. I used to be a trainer for Morrisons, meat and fish, I loved the trade and was very highly motivated. I passed my knowledge in training sessions whilst carrying out this training highly motivated. This effected the new staff in positive ways, I made training fun and easy to learn. All good managers/trainers etc are highly motivated and will have a good squad/team/group of staff.

Thats not what I am saying... Anyone who is good at anything is usually highly motivated. That doesn't mean they know how to convey that enthusiasm effectively or teach others. I am not a good teacher. I have never done much of it and I know that its a big weakness of mine. Just because I am passionate about something doesn't mean I can effectively explain a complex issue to someone not familiar with the subject simply because it excites me and I am enthusiastic about it.

My point is that Ronaldo clearly does not lack for motivation in his own game and expects high standards of others. That doesn't mean that others will absorb that motivation simply by being near him or having him give team talks. That doesn't mean that he will be able to adapt his coaching/management to the huge variety of personalities he will have to deal with.

I'm not sure why you can't imagine that someone who is intrinsically motivated would struggle to motivate de-motivated people in the same field. If I am not excited about something, having someone talk to me who is super passionate will not magically motivate me.

If you are a good teacher and enthusiastic then great, that doesn't mean everyone is.

Soldato
Being highly motivated doesn't mean you can also motivate around you, take Keane for example, never been able to make it as a manager and you don't get much more motivated than him.

Ronaldo may or may not make a good manager but to say because he is motivated automatically makes him a shoe in as a good manager is looking at it a bit too linear in my opinion

Soldato
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has now outlasted:

3 Barca managers
3 Real Madrid managers
3 Juventus managers
2 Chelsea managers
2 BMunich managers
2 Arsenal managers
3 Spurs managers
2 Inter managers
1 PSG manager

These clubs combined, have won 27 trophies during Ole's time.

Saw this doing the rounds on social media* :cry:

*not fact checked

Soldato
OP
And again..................

Literally the same performance as the home game against Atlanta....Dug out of a hole again by the Worlds greatest player....

Spurs result aside, another horrendously pathetic display from United tonight....Looks utterly devoid of any shape/structure. Utterly inept again. Pogba should just go in January, awful performance from him again tonight. McGuire is getting worse and worse week on week...

The only reason Ole still in a job is the fact Conte has a job now, and Ronaldo has dug him out again.

City will put 4 or 5 past United at the weekend....

Soldato
OP
Personally thought his subs were poor.

Pogba > VDB
McTominay > Matic

To be fair - VDB did more in his sub apperance that pogba did from the start. I don't get this situation of chasing Sancho for nearly 3 years, paying £75 million for him and then not playing him....

Soldato
To be fair - VDB did more in his sub apperance that pogba did from the start. I don't get this situation of chasing Sancho for nearly 3 years, paying £75 million for him and then not playing him....
Sorry, I meant oles decisions were poor.

pogba should’ve been off in the first half. Mctoniat should’ve been off after his second yellow.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sorry, I meant oles decisions were poor.

pogba should’ve been off in the first half. Mctoniat should’ve been off after his second yellow.

McTominay would have been off after a second yellow :p

But yes, neither of them had a good game.

Top of the group though and only 3 points off City in the league amirite! Oles at the wheel!

Man of Honour
So do we think a thumping on Saturday will get rid of him?

Just looking back at results since the Newcastle game:
  • Played poorly, beat West Ham and they missed a penalty in the last minute
  • Then lost to West Ham in the League Cup
  • Lost to Villa
  • Beat Villareal with Ronaldo scoring at the very end
  • Lucky draw with Everton
  • Comfortably beaten by Leicester
  • Played dreadfully but managed to overturn a 2-0 deficit against Atalanta's weakened side at home
  • Got embarrassed 0-5 by Liverpool
  • Beat a Spurs side who had downed tools, Ole abandoned his supposed 'style' - and brought Varane back too early it seems to try and save himself
  • Saved by Ronaldo at the last minute vs Atalanta last night, playing worse than in the previous game
I mean seriously, how can anyone defend this run we've been on. So awful.

Soldato
So do we think a thumping on Saturday will get rid of him?

Just looking back at results since the Newcastle game:
  • Played poorly, beat West Ham and they missed a penalty in the last minute
  • Then lost to West Ham in the League Cup
  • Lost to Villa
  • Beat Villareal with Ronaldo scoring at the very end
  • Lucky draw with Everton
  • Comfortably beaten by Leicester
  • Played dreadfully but managed to overturn a 2-0 deficit against Atalanta's weakened side at home
  • Got embarrassed 0-5 by Liverpool
  • Beat a Spurs side who had downed tools, Ole abandoned his supposed 'style' - and brought Varane back too early it seems to try and save himself
  • Saved by Ronaldo at the last minute vs Atalanta last night, playing worse than in the previous game
I mean seriously, how can anyone defend this run we've been on. So awful.
His done well since they last lost.

You still want him sacked?he smashed spurs in there own ground and then did well last night

Caporegime
His done well since they last lost.

You still want him sacked?he smashed spurs in there own ground and then did well last night
How did they do well last night? They looked devoid of ideas and had their bacon saved yet again by a 36 year old striker.

I genuinely think any prem side with the exception of Norwich could have done Spurs on Sunday, it was the most godawful performance ever.

Soldato
How did they do well last night? They looked devoid of ideas and had their bacon saved yet again by a 36 year old striker.

I genuinely think any prem side with the exception of Norwich could have done Spurs on Sunday, it was the most godawful performance ever.
Damm ok. Well the longer you keep ole, the harder it is to replace him.

Conte was available and you could have grabbed him instead of spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom