Olympic coverage in HD

Man of Honour
Just thought I'd say I think the timeline links on the BBC online player are awesome.

If you "join late" you can e.g. just click the button for e.g. start of match, start of set, goals etc and roll back to that point instantly. Then just hit "LIVE" to go back to normal.

Top marks for that BBC, really easy to use. I know red button type stuff has done this on TV for a while but first time I've seen it implemented this well online.

NZB

NZB

Associate
One of the shooting events was listed as not having coverage on the website schedule.

I've watched mostly online and been happy with the streaming, smooth and no waiting for buffering.

Man of Honour
One of the shooting events was listed as not having coverage on the website schedule.

What the chance that at least half of the 25 channels set up will be showing nothing when the shooting is on?

Kind of disappointed by the amount of dead air.

With only about 1/3 of the channels broadcasting at one time, why not show the different bouts/events at the same venue for the fencing or even at the gymnastics, show each area on it's own channel.

Doesn't even have to have commentary.

Quality wise, though. It's pretty damn good.

Man of Honour
There's a limit to how much camera kit you can setup and how many commentators there are available though.

Don't need the commentators on the side matches, plus at the gymnastics, everything it recorded and they show bits of the other events while the setups are changed.

Even if it was just a raw feed with no additional information it's be better than having *currently* 10 of the 25 channels showing nothing but the planner.

Back
Top Bottom