Olympic Opening Ceremony

Soldato
I know it's a bit judgemental since it hasn't happened, but seeing the scenes of practice, the layout of the sections and grass and petting zoo, I'm going out on a limb here to say that it is going to be terrible.

What you reckon? Travesty waiting to happen?

Soldato
I'll be laughing from an olympic control room at it.

My prediction is "Original" seen by those outside the UK while the rest of UK citizens will laugh at it.

As long as Boris isn't dressed as a sheep, it has a chance for success.

Soldato
OP
1257021_M01.jpg

What the hell can you do on this? Dance, blow it up? Where's the fire, or the fast movement. It just looks like ****? I don't get what you can do on this set..
Seriously, how many of us live in the rural farm lands. Not many?

Soldato
I was stunned when I saw that the opening ceremony is based on the hymn 'Jerusalem' by William Blake.

Did anyone ever listen to Rik Clays interview many years ago? He died soon after that interview (suicide) but he had some very interesting and bizarre things to say. To some people he will be a conspiracy theory nutjob no matter what, but listen to his interview especially in regards to the 2012 olympics. Now many years later we see the Zion games (re-arrange logo) which stands for New Jerusalem, illuminati pyramids all around the stadium, and the opening ceremony is based on Jerusalem. He also went on to say he believed 'they' would push Prince William out there as the leader of their new one world government which they are trying to establish, and carry out some UFO hoax to fool the masses - so don't take everything he says too seriously.

Soldato
Wait till its done before criticising it I think personally. The fact it's in Danny Boyles hands fills me with confidence that it should be something special.

Soldato
It's going to be a shambles. Like lots of things have been; ticket sales, ticket issuing, security, traffic management.

Soldato
I was stunned when I saw that the opening ceremony is based on the hymn 'Jerusalem' by William Blake.

Did anyone ever listen to Rik Clays interview many years ago? He died soon after that interview (suicide) but he had some very interesting and bizarre things to say. To some people he will be a conspiracy theory nutjob no matter what, but listen to his interview especially in regards to the 2012 olympics. Now many years later we see the Zion games (re-arrange logo) which stands for New Jerusalem, illuminati pyramids all around the stadium, and the opening ceremony is based on Jerusalem. He also went on to say he believed 'they' would push Prince William out there as the leader of their new one world government which they are trying to establish, and carry out some UFO hoax to fool the masses - so don't take everything he says too seriously.

They're watching you.

Soldato
I've not paid much attention to the opening ceremony info but I've just heard from someone who was working on the rehersals over the weekend (directly heard from them, not 3rd hand gossip), and they said that is currently a bit of a shambles. Lots of technical bits aren't working, and none of the run throughs at the weekend were fault free. Let's hope they get all this sorted before Friday!

Soldato
Just came back from the technical rehearsals earlier today. Have to say there were some good bits although Danny Boyle did mention there were parts not in today's show which will be in on Friday.

The strobe lighting by each seat played a really good part in the effects.

Can't spoil anything though as it's 'save the surprise!'

Back
Top Bottom