Olympic Opening Ceremony

Permabanned
Now the games are over it's back to hearing terrible news on the TV. :(

The coverage of the games and presentation shows how everyone can get along regardless of their ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or skin colour.

Thank **** it wasn't ruined but then those sort of things won't get air time and will happen behind the scenes.

Well Done London for hosting a terrific event, pat yourself on the back :)

But why shorten Mohammed Farrah's name? Odd huh.

The event will definitely have been a legacy for Britain, I hope it has inspired people in some way or another whether to take up sport or to appreciate multicultural Britian and the athletes which contribute towards it.

Soldato
Is it French everything is being spoken in first, then English? Why is this? :S

Quite enjoying the closing ceremony.

IOC decided French to be the first language... Very bizarre... really should be changed to English.

I thought that at the opening ceremony.

Hero.

Indeed! Everytime I watch the Live Aid performance back it sends chills down my spine... wish I was alive to be there in person! What a guy!

Associate
Could they have chosen anything more unrepresentative of the British military there?

I didn't even see a Gurkha which makes it worse.

Caporegime
Could they have chosen anything more unrepresentative of the British military there?

I didn't even see a Gurkha which makes it worse.

Well if they were to be authentic with the theme they would have just had Taranis drones bombard the stadium.

Yeah...I WENT THERE.

Soldato
IOC decided French to be the first language... Very bizarre... really should be changed to English.

Indeed! Everytime I watch the Live Aid performance back it sends chills down my spine... wish I was alive to be there in person! What a guy!
French is an exact language, theirs no double meanings in its language.
It was also the used language in diplomacy around the world, and is most exact for other language translations.

Back
Top Bottom