Olympic skier accused of cultural colonialism as he adopts puppy from dog meat farm in South Korea

Soldato
Yes it is easy money as then people like OP go around sharing saying 'what is this world coming too' and then their friends sharing it. Now you have thousands and thousands of hits for a pointless article over one stupid tweet. I wonder if the anti-sjw people will ever realise they are getting completely played by online media who are raking in the hits.

Not a chance in hell. You only need to look at GD to see how successful this strategy is, every other thread is a link to an article where some nobody has said something to trigger the anti-SJW crowd.

There's far more suckers falling for this faux outrage machine than there are people saying the stupid carp in the first place.

Associate
It's almost as if online rags cherry-pick stupid tweets so right-wing internet hangouts like GD get triggered and share the links around....

Easy money.

Yes it is easy money as then people like OP go around sharing saying 'what is this world coming too' and then their friends sharing it. Now you have thousands and thousands of hits for a pointless article over one stupid tweet. I wonder if the anti-sjw people will ever realise they are getting completely played by online media who are raking in the hits.

Not a chance in hell. You only need to look at GD to see how successful this strategy is, every other thread is a link to an article where some nobody has said something to trigger the anti-SJW crowd.

There's far more suckers falling for this faux outrage machine than there are people saying the stupid carp in the first place.

HALLELUJAH.

Outrage (far) to the left of me, outrage (far) to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle wondering when the thread-starters on GD will realise that their easily-avoided outrage is the only reason that I've heard of many of these supposed lefty terms. Outrage about outrage. Please, see the hypocrisy. Both these 'SJW' types and the angry Daily Mailer fist-shakers over here are minorities making a lot of noise and seem to forget that there's a majority in the middle that don't care much for their nonsense.

Caporegime
OP
Outrage about outrage. Please, see the hypocrisy. Both these 'SJW' types and the angry Daily Mailer fist-shakers over here are minorities making a lot of noise and seem to forget that there's a majority in the middle that don't care much for their nonsense.

Outrage about outrage about outrage... Please, see the irony.

Outrageception... can I be outraged about you being outraged about people being outraged about the outrage on twitter?

Associate

Outrageception... can I be outraged about you being outraged about people being outraged about the outrage on twitter?

It's ok, I see it. I saw it before posting but, hey, go on then... chuck her in the pot. See what brews... I'm sure you understand the sentiment :p

I'm rather relaxed in general. I would just ask that people at both ends of the spectrum realise that they are just slinging insults at each other over the heads* of most of us, just trying to get on in a reasonable, measured manner without the hyperbole. Of course, I must admit that what is considered reasonable and measured is subjective. I don't seek out things to get angry about, I'd rather enjoy a pleasant life - and no mixed-gender toilet proposal or Olympic puppy-buyer has ever driven me off that course.

*Please note that I use the phrase 'over the heads' to invoke an image of just that - not to mean that it's beyond our comprehension :)

Soldato

I'm not outraged, I'm just bored of millions on threads that are posted on here about what two people said on twitter. Then we get the same responses in every thread. 'what is this coming too' '********* generation' blah blah. It doesn't help that these threads are then just echo chambers for the same posters to say the same things each time, most other people can't be bothered to post.

Soldato
It's ok, I see it. I saw it before posting but, hey, go on then... chuck her in the pot. See what brews... I'm sure you understand the sentiment :p

I'm rather relaxed in general. I would just ask that people at both ends of the spectrum realise that they are just slinging insults at each other over the heads* of most of us, just trying to get on in a reasonable, measured manner without the hyperbole. Of course, I must admit that what is considered reasonable and measured is subjective. I don't seek out things to get angry about, I'd rather enjoy a pleasant life - and no mixed-gender toilet proposal or Olympic puppy-buyer has ever driven me off that course.

*Please note that I use the phrase 'over the heads' to invoke an image of just that - not to mean that it's beyond our comprehension :)

This is how I feel on subject and just try to wade into a thread every now and again to try and get some balance to the thread but always end up regretting that decision.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I'm not outraged, I'm just bored of millions on threads that are posted on here about what two people said on twitter. Then we get the same responses in every thread. 'what is this coming too' '********* generation' blah blah. It doesn't help that these threads are then just echo chambers for the same posters to say the same things each time, most other people can't be bothered to post.

I don't think many people are actually outraged at the SJW types either...

These threads usually aren't, usually there are people like you who come into the thread to complain about it existing (as anticipated by the tags at the top of the thread)... when you could just read some other threads instead, or go and create the sort of threads you'd like to see etc..

Caporegime
Another article based on basically a single twitter post? Check!

Anyway, I have no issues with people eating dog. As long as they’re kept in humane conditions prior to killing (the biggest issue with the dog meat trade in Korea) and they aren’t stolen.

People from different places have different opinions on what constitutes food. Just because we see dogs as pets doesn’t mean others should adhere to our dictat, just as we don’t adhere to Hindus opinion on cows, or others opinions on what we consider pets.

The story is making a mountain out of a molehill, but the original Instagram post does give more publicity to the the horrific conditions some of the dogs are kept in, just as stories and photos help give some light into the cruelty of some UK farming practices.

Back
Top Bottom