Olympic Track Cycling

Soldato
The track cycling is due to start later this week.

BBC have just announced they have brought in a new presenter to help with commentary:

Mark_Cavendish_to_join_BBC_presenting_team_for_Olympic_track_cycling_coverage.jpg

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012...nting-team-for-olympic-track-cycling-coverage

Soldato
OP
The communication is poor, especially when the gold medal winners don't even know that they are now the winners. I think that its not just the Olympics though, I'm sure at the Worlds they've been just as poor.

Soldato
OP
Possible infringement for Vicky was when she drifted slightly into Lee of Hong Kong's lane just before the finish. It could be viewed that she changed her lane and was impeding Lee from going for the finish by blocking. They looked at it, but clearly decided it was nothing.

Soldato
OP
Fair enough, I was basing my comment on some commentators lamenting rule changes and Wiggins, Cav and Froome not being in any track events following the disappointing road race. I really should know better than to accept what commentators say at face value.

I think what Boardman and Cav himself have commented on is the rules that the UCI have in place in regards to competing in the different disciplines.

As Cav has said, he can't enter track events because he hasn't competed in a World Cup event in the last two years. However, track cyclists can compete in a road race, despite having not completed in any events to qualify for it, which was the case for one rider in the Olympic Road Race last week.

I think Cav is being a bit green eyed though. He obviously enjoyed the track, and I think being in the Velodrome and seeing Team GB do so well has reignited his interest. There is also the aspect that he still wants an Olympic Medal and having missed out, he thinks he could have got one on the track. He's concentrated his career for a good number of years now on the road and he did acknowledge himself that the pool they are using for team sprint are amazing riders who worked hard to be selected. So it's not like he could necessarily just expect to come in, despite being an amazing sprinter on the road and his past track ability.

Back
Top Bottom