OMG Its Big Brother Time Again - The One and only official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I cant believe its nearly time for big brother to be back on the tv, does anyone really want to watch this rubbish still, do people not have enough in their own lives that they have to watch the boredom of others. Some of the people at work when BB is on dont even go out to the pub or do normal stuff as they are glued to it - Whats your thoughts love it or hate it let me know, I hate it and cant wait for it to start so it can end and tv can get back to normal

Permabanned
Its funny the way people like you say Big Brother fans are all saddos with no life etc. etc. but I find the nerd types aren't into BB at all, it's an awesome program IMO, if you don't like it don't watch it.

Permabanned
Violent-J said:
Its funny the way people like you say Big Brother fans are all saddos with no life etc. etc. but I find the nerd types aren't into BB at all, it's an awesome program IMO, if you don't like it don't watch it.

The nerd types? :confused: If you're referring to him posting here, then the irony is almost tangible.

Oh and if I don't like it, I won't watch it. But it doesn't mean we can't express our opinions of it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I like it but i'm not addicted to watching it all the time. I don't really like most of the people that go on the program, they usually get on my nerves but for some reason I still like watching it.

What I don't like is that they replace nearly all programmes with a live feed of the house. So all it is showing is them sleeping or sitting around doing nothing. I'd rather they had some decent stuff on and just show the highlights.

Soldato
I don't mind it, some years I've been glued to it, others i couldn't care less. Depends on the contestants.

I find it amazing how it provokes such varied reactions though. There's as many people talking about how much they hate as there are talking about it whilst its on. Personally, I can't stand Question Time or Newsnight, but I don't rant and rave about it like people who don't like Big Brother..

Soldato
Violent-J said:

I'm sorry but that deserves an :rolleyes: .

So you know the OP is a nerd? Sure. You realise you are posting on the same forum? So your only basis for that opinion must surely quantify you as a nerd also? But seriously, who the hell uses 'nerd' knowadays?!

Personally, it's a heap of crap and should be abolished from the airwaves. May as well shoot the show's creators as well. In fact, could someone with a time machine jump in it and go back to kill them before they even think of it?

It's the original "cater for the brainless masses" reality TV show (oh look, I over-generalised, whoops!), time for it to die before it gets really silly (and yes, that is still possible).

Permabanned
Memphis said:
I'm sorry but that deserves an :rolleyes: .

So you know the OP is a nerd? Sure. You realise you are posting on the same forum? So your only basis for that opinion must surely quantify you as a nerd also? But seriously, who the hell uses 'nerd' knowadays?!

Personally, it's a heap of crap and should be abolished from the airwaves. May as well shoot the show's creators as well. In fact, could someone with a time machine jump in it and go back to kill them before they even think of it?

It's the original "cater for the brainless masses" reality TV show (oh look, I over-generalised, whoops!), time for it to die before it gets really silly (and yes, that is still possible).

You've misunderstood me mate, I didn't intend to imply the OP is a nerd, I was simply saying that often the people who hate big brother try and put down fans by saying they've got no life etc. but from my experience the nerd types who actually have no life don't actually enjoy it and lots of normal people in my experience do likes it, all my mates do anyway.

Soldato
personally i can't stand it. I just don't see what is interesting about it. Each to their own though, I just wish it wouldn't take over the media for however many weeks its on. It just becomes big brother this, and big brother that on every programme on tv.

Soldato
andi said:
I can't stand Question Time or Newsnight, but I don't rant and rave about it like people who don't like Big Brother..

Problem is Big Brother gets talked about by everyone and seems to be front page news in all the tabloids. It's slightly bigger than Question Time.

I don't watch Big Brother but can't get away from it because it seems to be talked about by everyone.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Indeed Big Brother gets rammed down our throats unlike other programmes, Channel 4 and the Media tend to make it out as some huge event that nobody can afford to miss.

Associate
Few times I have been channel surfing, it’s landed on BB and have been bored enough to watch for a few min I could never understood the appeal.

*Switch to guy eating breakfast*
*Switch to guy sleeping*
*Switch back to guy eating breakfast*
*Switch back to girl preparing herself breakfast*
*Switch to token black person doing whatever*

For me it’s about as visually stimulating as watching the cat lick its arse after leaving a present in the neighbours garden.

Permabanned
The first BB was ok, the second one was ok, then it just became full of people trying to be famous, you just get people going in trying to look good so they can become a tv presenter.

Look at Jade Goody shes has somthing like £1m property portfolio and she doesnt even deserve it.

I hate the attention seeking *****. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom