OMG Its Big Brother Time Again - The One and only official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Johanson said:
Big Brother 2004 was fantastic, all the others were rubbish tbh. I hope theres a good mix of people this year like in 2004. but then again, i dont wanna get addicted to the whole thing :o

All BBs are dire and rubbish. You're talking pap.

Suspended
Mikol said:
Hahaha. Beautiful sweeping generalisaiton there *claps* :rolleyes:

Did I say generalisation? From my own experience with people, therefore it's MY OPINION. Ie in my workplace 90% people watched the show, but because the job was retail going to get more plebs/lower intelligent people, and more TV soap/football fans, than those in careers or better paying jobs with fancier lifestyles so have little interest watching people lounge around all day.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
squiffy said:
Did I say generalisation? From my own experience with people, therefore it's MY OPINION. Ie in my workplace 90% people watched the show, but because the job was retail going to get more plebs/lower intelligent people, and more TV soap/football fans, than those in careers or better paying jobs with fancier lifestyles so have little interest watching people lounge around all day.

Fair enough - I suppose you did say 'I found' rather than, the only people. Apologies.

Soldato
I like seeing all the new faces appear and being prejudice towards them. :D

After that I wait a couple of weeks, come back to it, then see what **** has hit the fan. :)

Associate
It gets worse as it goes on, especially as it seems to be the eye candy that gets the boot first. At the very least I'll take a peak at the opening show.

I wouldn't say it's sad to watch it, at least not the highlight show or the eviction night. But watching them sleep just extracts the urine.

Associate
I loved the first few series of it, but eventually grew to dislike it.

I'll start watching it again though, it's something to talk to other people about at least.

Soldato
im quite sad and love big bro, im always watching it, would love to be on it as the token mad geordie they have each year, i geniunly would have applied but i wasnt 18 then, but am now,so roll on next year, id wear an ocuk t shirt or something.

Associate
Ill admit even though i wasnt keen on the idea some of the early ones were alright, mostly just normal people but even normal people have their qwirks

More recent ones it seems are more like a case of throw in a bunch of freaks oddballs, or the most different people you could possibly have so that theres just arguing and constant tension and i cant stand to watch it, i dont see the enjoyment in seeing people constantly having their backs up, i find it depressing to watch

and as for the last celeb big brother, theres were so many weirdos in there you couldnt associate or sympathise with any of them, no wonder the only non celeb won, i saw the intro show and from then on id turn it off immediately if it came on

i think some of the sucess of the earlier shows was down to the way that people could each associate with a member of the house who might be more like them and they would watch to see how well that person who they most associate with themselves would survive in that kind of situation, and if something happened to their chosen housemate they'd get a sense of what it might be like for them, just like when you read a good book and you almost feel like your becoming the character in the story

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont normally watch it, as i have sky, but gave up yrs ago paying for it so just get the free channels and when i do watch it, i get sick and tired of suddenly the sound being muted. I hate that so much, i think my TV's on the blink.

But as plenty people say, if you dont like it, dont watch it, but its so i hear on for 3 months this year, thats going to take up a lot of normal TV schedules.

Oh well, each to there own. I have plenty of better things to do with my time that watch 16 or so people in a house.

Soldato
First two years were good now it's dire, doubt I'll bother watching it until by accident like last year. Anyone interesting gets voted out by the mass of teenage girls that are addicted to it.

Soldato
It's on again!?

shake_head.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom