One Hit Wonderland

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Lopéz
Big in Japan, ooooh the eastern seas soooo bluuuuuuuuueeee

Yeah, I seem to recall that song being on the original 'Hits' compilation........anyone remember the 'Hits' tapes?

They started off with the 'Now Thats' What I Call Music' tapes and then seemed to fade away.......

As soon as I hear that song, I'm 13 again and it's playing in the background while I'm on my Commodore 64!
:cool:

Man of Honour
Originally posted by @stolath
Yeah, I seem to recall that song being on the original 'Hits' compilation........anyone remember the 'Hits' tapes?

They started off with the 'Now Thats' What I Call Music' tapes and then seemed to fade away.......

As soon as I hear that song, I'm 13 again and it's playing in the background while I'm on my Commodore 64!
I actually still have "The Hits Album 10" on vinyl.......

Associate
Cornershop - Brimful of Asha (Norman Cook Remix)

Kiss the Rain - Billie Myers

Right Said Fred - I'm too sexy .. not sure if they could be classed as a 1 hit wonder band, they did release some other tracks later on (don't talk just kiss, deeply dippy). But I think those tunes flopped, whereas I'm too sexy was an international success, it even reached no.1 in the states. heh, how queer :D

Soldato
A-Ha - Take on Me
Ann Lee - Two Times
Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
Edwin Star - War (Huh! What is it good for? Absolutely nuthin':D)
Fuzzbox - International Rescue
Kim Wilde - Kids In America
Men at Work - Down Under
Monaco - What Do You Want From Me?
REO Speedwagon - Keep On Lovin' You
The Vapors - Turning Japanese

All OHW but correct me if I'm wrong. Also very 80s inspired;)

Man of Honour
Originally posted by v0n
"Forever Young" was much bigger hit than "Big In Japan" and Alphaville had more successfull singles for the years to come. Not one hit wonder I'm affraid.

Never heard 'Forever Young'......was it a UK hit?

There was a good program on VH1 the other night on one hit wonders but as it was a US show, lots of them had had more than one hit in the UK.

A-ha were one hit wonders in the US with 'Take on Me' but obviously had hits here with 'The Sun Always Shines on TV', 'Train of Thought', 'Hunting High and Low' etc.

Just though of another class one......'Captain of Her Heart' by Double. I think they were Swiss and it was a really cool song. Can't remember hearing of them again afterwards.

Soldato
Originally posted by Silent-Lucidity
A-Ha had more than one hit i'm sure... I think :confused:

Didn't they do a bond theme tune even? Roger moore when he's on the Eiffel tower.. grr can't remember film now lol :rolleyes:

A View To A Kill by Duran Duran:)

Man of Honour
A-Ha had more than one hit i'm sure... I think :confused:

Didn't they do a bond theme tune even? Roger moore when he's on the Eiffel tower.. grr can't remember film now lol :rolleyes:

Yeah, they did the theme to 'The Living Daylights'.

Got the 7"!

Soldato
Originally posted by BigWillyJohnson
Kiss the Rain - Billie Myers

She did a second song, I remember the video. Purely because she was wearing some very nice lingerie and I was about 15. What it was called, how it went and if it was any good never really registered with me for some reason........

Associate
roger moore on the eiffell tower
is that not duran duran a view to a kill ah beaten to it
aha had a few hits sun always shines on tv,hunting high and low and a few albums as well !!!
reo speedwagon one hit wonders lol

Associate
Europe - The final countdown.

Don't think they had that many hits, and it was no.1 for ages, keeping Livin on a prayer by Bon Jovi off the top slot!

Excellent song :)
they also had a few follow up singles which werent as big(carrie rock the night) and a flop of a third album final countdown was actuallt their second album i used to have my hair tipped and permed like the singer lol oh dear

Soldato
Originally posted by Kanes
terrorvision - tequila

only thing they ever made that wasn't **** and i reckon the only thing that keeps the royalties coming in

hmmm...oh dear, maybe my age showing, but Terrorvision had a bigger hit with Oblivion..and had 4 albums...;)

Back
Top Bottom