"One of the best UFO photos ever"

Man of Honour
Was listening to LBC this morning as I usually do on my very short commute to work and they were talking about a new UFO sighting spotted in Brackell.

The link is here:

http://www.lbc.co.uk/one-of-the-best-ufo-photos-ever-in-bracknell-73800

I don't think you can tell if it's been doctored or not, and looks too "perfect". However I'm not a disbeliever in there being other beings in the universe. It's such a massive place that is beyond comprehension, that to think we are just a fluke or are alone in our existence is quite hard to accept.

Whether you believe in God, a god of any kind, are spiritual, or pure science through and through I don't think it matters as the potential for UFOs and other species is plausible whatever your beliefs.

Of course it can be a fairly polarised view, of yes and no. I'm willing to believe there are other life forms out there... Do I believe this photo? I'm inclined not to...

Capodecina
Soldato
You people are never happy.

Blurry photo = it's rubbish why can't they get a better one. The reason being - as I have posted before - you need a camera with a VERY good zoom to get a clear photo. Generally only professional film cameras have those and how many people are walking the streets with those? My wife has a camera with excellent zoom and in spite of using it we couldn't get a decent shot of what we thought was a UFO. Merge that with the fact that these things are moving at speed and you've got an extra added element of difficulty.

Clear photo = it's a fake.

You can never convince a sceptic.

Man of Honour

Blurry photo = it's rubbish why can't they get a better one. The reason being - as I have posted before - you need a camera with a VERY good zoom to get a clear photo. Generally only professional film cameras have those and how many people are walking the streets with those? My wife has a camera with excellent zoom and in spite of using it we couldn't get a decent shot of what we thought was a UFO. Merge that with the fact that these things are moving at speed and you've got an extra added element of difficulty.

Clear photo = it's a fake.

You can never convince a sceptic.

It's not a clear photo at all though is it, zoomed out, yes, zoomed in 100%? No. And telephoto lenses capable of shooting a "UFO" in the sky can be had for as little as a couple of hundred £, they are not exclusive to professional video cameras.

Last edited:
Associate
I would believe if there was more evidence like air traffic control seeing it on radar and documenting it to the public. Were fighter jets scrambled to intercept it? I don't know.

It wouldn't matter if the photo was clear or blurry, without other supporting evidence... I'm out.

Capodecina
Soldato
It's not a clear photo at all though is it, zoomed out, yes, zoomed in 100%? No.

That's not the point I was making. I was saying that no UFO is good enough to convince most people. And with CGI getting better and better, no video will be either unfortunately.

Man of Honour
OP
I would believe if there was more evidence like air traffic control seeing it on radar and documenting it to the public. Were fighter jets scrambled to intercept it? I don't know.

It wouldn't matter if the photo was clear or blurry, without other supporting evidence... I'm out.

A but that would assume that our technology was able to detect it on radar? :p

Soldato
That's not the point I was making. I was saying that no UFO is good enough to convince most people. And with CGI getting better and better, no video will be either unfortunately.

Do you believe any of them should be enough to convince people?
I ask because I can't stand how people will take things like random scribblings off the internet or random pictures as fact.

The same reason why I can't stand people who openly talk about these things as if it's a matter of pure fact.
Honestly if I saw something I couldn't explain the last thing I'd do is be open about it and look like a crackpot, because that's what most people here sound like, those people do themselves no favours at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its configuration looks very similar to the street lights, it also looks like it could be hung from something strung from the street lamp to the right. I cant help but question its title of "Best UFO photo ever" though, its hardly conclusive. A second and third photo would have helped to at least seen movement.

Soldato
I think you should always approach things like this from a stance of scepticism because in 99.99999999999999% of instances its something terrestrial or faked.

snip

lol

So two streaks of fuzzy light is definitive proof?

edit:

Local man Steve Lambert took the photo as he came out of the Running Horse Pub in the Berkshire town at 8pm on Friday evening.

He said: "It was heading south west and quicker than any normal aircraft. I only saw it for less than five seconds.

"I have seen a lot of funny things in the sky and I have always practised trying to take a photo quickly on my mobile phone.

Highlighted the important bits for you Lysander. Its a bloke after some drinks who often see's ET.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom