"One of the best UFO photos ever"

Soldato
That's a clear cut case of swamp gas from a weather balloon getting trapped in a thermal pocket and reflecting the light from Venus.

Capodecina
Soldato
Do you believe any of them should be enough to convince people?
I ask because I can't stand how people will take things like random scribblings off the internet or random pictures as fact.

The same reason why I can't stand people who openly talk about these things as if it's a matter of pure fact.
Honestly if I saw something I couldn't explain the last thing I'd do is be open about it and look like a crackpot, because that's what most people here sound like, those people do themselves no favours at all.

I couldn't care less if I sound like a "crackpot". I haven't said that the photo shows flying saucers, just that if they were, it's very hard to get a good picture of one. This, in turn, makes it difficult to convince people unless the photo is backed up by official information [which is rarely forthcoming anyway].

lol

So two streaks of fuzzy light is definitive proof?

Don't be daft. That's not what I was saying.

Man of Honour
OP
The thing that gets me is how they've (the government) kept all the data and evidence away from joe public, when lots of other things have been brought to light. Maybe it's just a matter of time.

I'm skeptical of the evidence, not skeptical of the existence. Which is strange as you'd think you'd be more likely to believe something tangible. Ah well, it makes for fun debates. :)

Man of Honour
Of course they do. The government know aliens exist. But the information is too sensitive to be released.

Honestly, conspiracy theories aside, if it ever did happen they found something, they definitely wouldn't instate panic by saying we've been visited.

Same if they find 'life on Mars', we probably wont be told about it.

I don't believe in Area 51 being full of aliens though :D

Soldato
Anything that can be knocked up in Photoshop is not sufficient evidence.

but everything can be "knocked up" in ps.. don't underestimate people's talents lol, even videos can be faked :) in this day and age it is crazy hard to believe anything you see..

the only way people would believe is if they saw it in real life.

Soldato
The thing that gets me is how they've (the government) kept all the data and evidence away from joe public, when lots of other things have been brought to light. Maybe it's just a matter of time.

I'm skeptical of the evidence, not skeptical of the existence. Which is strange as you'd think you'd be more likely to believe something tangible. Ah well, it makes for fun debates. :)
I'd say the existence of life elsewhere in the universe is pretty rational, we already know life came into being on this planet & we currently know of any reason why we would be unique.

The evidence for them visiting on the other hand, is usually poor qualify photographs or the account of people with mental illnesses.

but everything can be "knocked up" in ps.. don't underestimate people's talents lol, even videos can be faked :) in this day and age it is crazy hard to believe anything you see..

Indeed.

The other point is, UFO doesn't mean aliens - it just means it's unknown, it could be a balloon, a trick of the light or even a previously unknown military aircraft.

It's a strange kind of logic to say "Ahh, we don't know what this is - it must be aliens..." ... urm no.., not knowing is just that.

Soldato
Other lifeforms in the universe? Most probably yes

Other life that was evolved and advanced enough for space travel? Hmm, I guess....maybe

Other life that is scouting out our little blue rock given how many planets they are in the universe?

............naaa

I am certain aliens exist, but I am also certain they have never visited Earth.

Indeed it's a silly place even without Aliens!

More importantly if they were to, why would they go to Bracknell. It's a total dump.

Agreed! But a cheap dump hence I'm now living there.

Half of the population looks like it's been abducted and probed already anyway.

Now Now, There are plenty of worse populations take the entire county of Essex for instance :p

Soldato

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom