One reason a smoking ban in clubs is bad

Associate
Bernard said:
Their choice though is it not, If i wanted to avoid smoke, the last place I'd work is a Pub/Club.

depends,i'm door staff in a club, normally inside, and work around 25 hours a week in there... i'm doing it as a job while i'm in uni, and when the pay is like it is, it's hard to say that it's my choice... it's a case of my time is valuable, i'm doing a job that not everyone can do, and therefore get paid accordingly... it also suits that the job is evenings and weekends...

Soldato
Now my most recent girlfriend doesn't smoke my clothes have stopped stinking of ashtrays. So not only do I smell better, my room does :)

And since I don't go clubbing, I go to bars and pubs instead, it's not too bad :)

Associate
I'd much rather breath in smoke than sweat (im a non smoker) I think this smoking ban is **** but if it stops people crying about the smoke then bring it on. I'l just be complaining about the sweat coming off the moany non smokers who are in anxiety becuase they can finally breath :D

Associate
I do enjoy reading these smoking/anti-smoking threads, but rarely reply. This might be my first in fact.

Remember though that the banning of smoking is really HSE blah to do with employees and hazardous substances, not making it a nicer place for non-smokers to go for a pint.

There are many jobs where, due to the nature of the job the employees are exposed to hazardous substances, employers will issue them PPE to minimise the risks.

Give the staff masks, non-smokers can choose not to go there...jobs a goodun.

Permabanned
Well, smoking has been banned for a long time now in Scotland and I can't say i've noticed the smell of sweat, farts or any other disgisting personal whiffs in any of the pubs or clubs I've been in.

Maybe I go to cleaner places than people on here. Or maybe us Scots just aren't as smelly as English people ;)

Associate
JimmyEatWorms said:
Well, smoking has been banned for a long time now in Scotland and I can't say i've noticed the smell of sweat, farts or any other disgisting personal whiffs in any of the pubs or clubs I've been in.

Maybe I go to cleaner places than people on here. Or maybe us Scots just aren't as smelly as English people ;)

Have to agree with you on this one, except when i got to a jungle nation night, but that has always smelled of sweat! :p

Back
Top Bottom