Onedrive alternative

Soldato
Hey all, so it seems I missed the fact that the scumbags at Microsoft decided to reduce my Onedrive storage by around 80% and the never told me so I ran out of space today. Now looking for an alternative, I have used Onedrive for about a decade so not really clued up on what alternatives there are, any suggestions?

Thank you :)

Caporegime
My Onedrive at one point was 10TB for some reason or another.
It went down to 1.22TB (It should hit 1TB soon)

I have an office 365 sub and think it's well worth having for everything.

Personally wouldn't rate any switch out.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, turns out I have the Amazon plan as part of my prime membership so I'll give that a look. I was considering looking into office 365 before Microsoft screwed me over but now I'm discounting on on principle alone, giving more money to them to get back what I paid for just seems wrong lol.

Man of Honour
Thanks guys, turns out I have the Amazon plan as part of my prime membership so I'll give that a look. I was considering looking into office 365 before Microsoft screwed me over but now I'm discounting on on principle alone, giving more money to them to get back what I paid for just seems wrong lol.
that's only for photos.
I find one driver very slow ad pretty rubbish. Although they are finally bring placeholder icons back which was great, took them long enough though.

now use www.sync.com and have no complaints at all.

As said they did tell everyone and well in advance.

Soldato
OP
that's only for photos.
Started using it, its unlimited for photos and 5GB for other stuff, and as my storage is almost entirely photos it works well.

As said they did tell everyone and well in advance.
Well they never sent an email or notified me via onedrive. I'm guessing by notifying everyone you mean the thieving scumbags made a post about it buried in their support forums or something lol.

Man of Honour
Well they never sent an email or notified me via onedrive. I'm guessing by notifying everyone you mean the thieving scumbags made a post about it buried in their support forums or something lol.
or you know rather than not sending out an email to one drive accounts (which they did) the more realistic option is, you simply deleted the emails without reading them, assuming them to be boring not worth reading, change of user agreement or marketing emails.

Soldato
OP
or you know rather than not sending out an email to one drive accounts (which they did) the more realistic option is, you simply deleted the emails without reading them
Nope, just checked and never received anything (despite being with their own Hotmail service). It's annoying because had they notified me I could have changed earlier and avoided running out of space (and also I could have spammed abuse at scumbags social media pages, I'll look silly if I do it now lol).

Soldato
OP
of course you did, lol. something that would have been auto deleted from the trash cans ages ago.
I've never deleted anything on that account, still have all my emails back to 1997, it's not that hard if you avoid signing up for random crap.

Like I said the scumbags never notified me that they were going to screw me over.

It's okay though, jokes on them, I'll just remember to laugh hard every time I validate a pirate Windows 10 installation mwahahaha. I'm sure the cost of screwing me will soon tilt in their direction :p

Soldato
OP
They not only told people but they even allowed you to keep your extra space if you opted in, I still have 15GB of free OneDrive.

http://m.windowscentral.com/onedrive-users-can-keep-their-free-15gb-storage
Like I said they never contacted me, but TBH I'm more annoyed about the fact they took my storage than the fact they never let me know they were doing it.

Also lol at them claiming the 15GB earned by being a tester and the 15GB paid for by buying into the Windows Phone Ecosystem were "free" :p

Meh, Amazon seems to be a great alternative (if you have prime).

Soldato
OP
Heaven forbid people should balk at paying £0.13p per month for 1TB of storage from OneDrive and expect it all for free.
I would actually pay that but it's the principle of the matter, I had 30GB that I had earned/bought, the scumbags took it from me, they're not getting another penny.

Back
Top Bottom