OnePlus 3T

Associate
Finally received the phone yesterday, 128gb and it's great.
Really impressed with the phone, and once the screen protector had settled, happy enough with the Orzly V2 glass protector and clear case.

Surprised just how useful the notification slider is, can easily change between silent (setup to ring for starred contacts), notifications and full ring.

Main major improvement for me was to get a dark wallpaper setup, couldn't see the icons for all the weird swirly ones they had pre-installed!

Soldato
Just updated the 3T to Nougat. It's looking lovely!

Damn this phone is excellent vfm for what it offers though not as good as the Honor 8 IMO (at least camera and price wise) which is also running Nougat in beta form.

Last edited:
Soldato
A Mate is looking to pick up the OP3T. It's currently out of stock on their website. For those who recently bought it on O2 I know you've mentioned that it's unlocked. It is definitely the case that it is unlocked?

He tried to buy one on the Website but the card he was using couldn't be processed for some unknown reason. He went to the O2 store and they wouldn't sell one to him because they said it was contract only. Is it a case of just trying all the stores near him and chancing his luck?

I would sell him mine but I'm loving the OP3T experience too much :D haha

Man of Honour
I got mine on contract only using the Flex package. Paid of the phone the next day and once you have done that you can switch to a PAYG or cheap SIM only package immediately.

Soldato
Got my 'Dispatch' email and a text from DHL telling me when it's getting delivered!!! :D

:D Swindon town centre isn't that much of a problem haha!

Regarding AP issues, I'm not experiencing any...

E; I'd recommend reinstalling ap and if that doesn't work, backup to Google drive and do a factory reset. I had one issue with ap once where id accidently turned my phone into airplane mode and it had disabled but not reenabled NFC. Ensure this isn't the case.

Soldato
I got mine on contract only using the Flex package. Paid of the phone the next day and once you have done that you can switch to a PAYG or cheap SIM only package immediately.

Thanks! That's great however my Mate's on EE SIM only contract and thus why he needs to know if the phones from O2 are unlocked as there are many conflicting reports with some saying the phones are unlocked and others saying that they are locked.

Hence why I turned to this forum and k if anyone has recently bought a OP3T from O2 and used another SIM in the phone.

Soldato
Thanks! That's great however my Mate's on EE SIM only contract and thus why he needs to know if the phones from O2 are unlocked as there are many conflicting reports with some saying the phones are unlocked and others saying that they are locked.

Hence why I turned to this forum and k if anyone has recently bought a OP3T from O2 and used another SIM in the phone.

Hey mate, we're you been hiding? :) the op3 was 100% unlocked from o2 and I'm 99.99% the op3t is too from o2.

Strange how they didn't sell it on payg in store. Did he show the o2 staff the website where it clearly shows it's for sale on payg?

I'd always try buy it online, that way your covered by distance selling

Associate
A Mate is looking to pick up the OP3T. It's currently out of stock on their website. For those who recently bought it on O2 I know you've mentioned that it's unlocked. It is definitely the case that it is unlocked?

He tried to buy one on the Website but the card he was using couldn't be processed for some unknown reason. He went to the O2 store and they wouldn't sell one to him because they said it was contract only. Is it a case of just trying all the stores near him and chancing his luck?

I would sell him mine but I'm loving the OP3T experience too much :D haha

Thats the problem with some store reps.. they just spout lies :) i bought a nexus 4 from o2 and was told it was locked :D

The phone is unlocked as i bought my son one for xmas and it is availble on PAYG not just contract.

The rep that served me told me it was contract only but i pointed out the label on the shelf said PAYG also.. he still wasn't having it so i called the manager over who said straight away i could have it on PAYG lol

Soldato
Hey mate, we're you been hiding? :) the op3 was 100% unlocked from o2 and I'm 99.99% the op3t is too from o2.

Strange how they didn't sell it on payg in store. Did he show the o2 staff the website where it clearly shows it's for sale on payg?

I'd always try buy it online, that way your covered by distance selling

Life has been getting in the way Mate :(

I hope all's well with you and yours. Thanks for the heads up he's been trying to buy from the website but keeps getting a payment error. Other members on this forum have also had the same problem. I don't know what happened at the store all he said was the staff member was rude to him so he just walked out!

Thats the problem with some store reps.. they just spout lies :) i bought a nexus 4 from o2 and was told it was locked :D

The phone is unlocked as i bought my son one for xmas and it is availble on PAYG not just contract.

The rep that served me told me it was contract only but i pointed out the label on the shelf said PAYG also.. he still wasn't having it so i called the manager over who said straight away i could have it on PAYG lol

Thanks Mate that's reassuring to know. I will pass on what you said to my Mate and he can try the same tactic in store. Hope your son is enjoying the phone. It's a cracker isn't it? :)

Caporegime

Im on a O2 OP3T with a EE SIM-only contract ;)

So no downsides in moving over to Nougat?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato

Ditto, asked at an O2 store if I can buy one PAYG unlocked, was advised no they are locked on contract only.

Back
Top Bottom