**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
Just got it and playing with it...

the haptic feedback ont eh buttons seems to go 'through' the phone and I can feel it on the back, which is really weird. Is that normal?

Soldato
turn it off?

cant believe how good the battery is, 41% left after being on 19 hours with 4hr 51mins screen on time.

I do want haptic feedback, just without feeling it on the back of the phone. It's better through a case, but still there. Find it a bit odd.

More to explore.

I'm coming from a 6P, but my work phone is a s8+, so those are my benchmarks.

Associate
Coming from a 4 year old Nexus 5 I love it.
The sound amazed me, just been watching YouTube videos with my daughter and it actually sound very good and loud for a phone.
The screen is amazing, had to change it to Adaptive as default was a bit crazy for me.
Facelock and fingerprint unlocking blows my mind at how fast it is.
The phone is fast and fluid. I put Google launcher on as that's what I was used too and like it.
The camera is okish from the few pictures I have taken but I feel you need to tweak the settings. I loved the camera on my nexus 5 and feel this camera is about the same ish. More time required to make my mind up.
Plenty of settings and cool things to play around with in oxygen os. Vast change from Marshmellow.
I bought the Karbon case(not bumper version) and it's very good and has a good level of grip to it. The Dash charge is super fast. From 25% to full in about 30 odd minutes.
A keeper for me. :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I requested a refund last night, had the label in my inbox this morning. My OP5T is packaged up ready to go back.

Associate
I requested a refund last night, had the label in my inbox this morning. My OP5T is packaged up ready to go back.

Really weird. I'll ask at the reception of my office. Thanks for the message.

[edit] Cheeky buggers, they wanted me to verify my phone was working before approving my RMA (I said I wasn't satisfied with the camera).

V_R

V_R

Soldato
That's what I said, I think I said something like 'love the phone hate the camera' - they didn't question it.

Associate
I am returning mine too. Been using the camera a fair bit and have not got one good picture despite changing the settings. My nexus 5 takes way better pictures.
I am well disappointed as the actual phone is amazing.
The search continues..

Soldato
Does the OP5T have a flash or something like the screen flashing when using the front facing camera? A colleague at work is interested in buying the device. I can't remember if the OP5 had the same thing when I owned the device.

Associate
I'm shocked you think your N5 takes better pictures, got some examples?

Also, have you tried Gcam?

Just some quick ones.
The cats jewel eye has loads more detail on the nexus and again with the laces on the pots and grass. I can make pictures brighter easy but you can't add detail.
What do you think ?
Nexus Cat
GYv4e9B.jpg

Oneplus Cat
J7mvCqy.jpg

Nexus Pots
xcXJFHE.jpg

Oneplus Pots
PrYcyG5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom