OnePlus X

Had mine for a week now, had a K3 note for a couple of months and it was too big. Though this seems tiny.

I like waving hand in from for notifications and I've configured it to wake with a double tap.

SD card is a pain, though I haven't taken many pictures.

I find using the slider to turn sound of hard with the case on, like the build quality, seems so substantial after the K3! My Mrs loves the screen said it looks a lot better than her moto G.

I could complain about a few things... But for £200 is great.

right_2.jpg

right_3.jpg

right_1.jpg

Noticed sound only comes from the left, the right side is just dummy holes. They should have just put another speaker at the top.

Main gripes would be:
Lack of OIS
Volume button too close to the power button
No lights for offscreen buttons.

But for the price it really is a nice device.

Noticed sound only comes from the left, the right side is just dummy holes. They should have just put another speaker at the top.

Main gripes would be:
Lack of OIS
Volume button too close to the power button
No lights for offscreen buttons.

But for the price it really is a nice device.
Noticed that about the speaker, but suspect it's same idea as the OP2, speaker behind one side, mic behind the other.

Got my OPX on Monday, so far very pleased with it. Blows my old Nexus 4 out of the water in every department.

The good:
- Build quality is impressive, you could slap a fruit logo on it and sell it for £600 no problem.
- Dat screen. AMOLED is just so much better than LCD, and OnePlus have integrated the screen very well. Black backgrounds merge with the bezel almost seamlessly.
- Battery life seems fine. Not outstanding, not awful either. It's a lot better than my old amp-guzzling Nexus 4.
- Performance is nice and nippy. The X scores around the same in benchmarks as my Galaxy Tab S, but feels quicker and more pleasant to use.
- The case they include in the box is actually quite good and worth having.
- Oxygen OS is pleasingly close to stock Android, the few tweaks OP have made are genuinely good.
- Drawing 'V' or 'O' on the powered-off screen to activate the flashlight or camera has drawn a load of 'why don't all phones do that?' comments from friends and colleagues.
- It's £200.

Not so good:
- Charging is quite slow.
- Power and volume buttons are too low down to be comfortable in one-hand mode.
- No standard-gamut emulation mode for the AMOLED screen.
- MicroSD card doesn't show up correctly with current build of OxygenOS. Bug fix on the way, apparently.
- Headphone jack is not correctly powered-down when music isn't playing, giving a crackle when removing 'phones.

Opened mime in the end , have to say am rather impressed with it . It's fast and smooth not come across any issues yet. Camera is OK if used .

Be nice when the memory card fix comes . comparing this screen to the iPhone 6s , this opx is in a different class so lovely

Ive enabled on screen buttons. Its nice that you can also keep the hardware button enabled with different actions, very handy.

opx_2.png
opx_3.png

opx_1.png

Battery life with first charge not the best, but did last all day.

Or a template off the web and a sharp pair of scissors. I've done it but care is required as u can soon over do it and it'll fall through sim tray. Might get u going until replacement turns up.

Saw on a forum about formatting the SD card in NTFS and can confirm it picks it up when you plug your phone in the pc and when you view the files on your phone in the gallery.

Not sure on performance though and when you look in storage it still doesn't show up, but at least it works for now.

Back
Top Bottom